1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The Legend of the Green Witch

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Johnie, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Just a warning....this is a long, convoluted story with many people involved......

Cast of Characters:

Johnie- that's me! I'm 36, red-headed and about as crazy as they come. That's just me by myself.....add my 2 best girlfriends and it gets really crazy!

Alysia-my wonderful, crazy, fear nothing 17 yr old daughter. She usually goes along for the ride.

beccaberry- She is 35. But, for intents and purposes, we shall say she is 36 too! well she introduced herself as Anne to us once upon a time. Now she's Rebecca. I call her Rebecca Anne :p015: She's my partner in crime and assuredly the one who will be there to help me hide a body if need be.

Jon- Rebecca Anne's honeybun. He is a sweetie and has a dry with that makes me laugh. He is supposedly shy but I have never, not one time, seen any evidence of that.

Andrew- Rebecca Anne's son. I have known him forever! He is a funny, sweet teenager and has us all pegged!

Baleigh- Rebecca Anne's daughter. I feel like I haev known her forever too. She was an itty bitty thing when I first met her. She is one of the main reasons we are having this outing. We're suprising the girls with a concert to see the Jonas Brothers!

luvthemouse- she is always been Krista. She is also 36....5 days younger than me. She is my sounding board. And while there is no doubt that she would help Rebecca Anne and I hide the body, she's going to worry we're going to get caught! She has the calming influence over us.

Chris- Krista's hubby. He has a ginormous head like me! It's TWO FEET around. He is also a sweetheart and always puts up with us and our rowdy ways.

Holly- Krista's daughter. She is the other main reason for this outing. She has NO idea we are going to see the Jonas Brothers.....

Jack- Krista's son. My goodness this little 4 yr old boy can make me laugh. He is also the Wii Bowling Champion!! We're going to make him a shirt.....

Bryce- Krista's itty biddy snuggle bunny baby. Between Harley the dog and Andrew, we hardly got to see him :yes:

2. Johnie

my goodness I am tired after introducing us all

3. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

ok loving it so far :) Keep it comming :)

4. Johnie

So, the Jonas Brothers are playing in Hartford, Conneticut and beccaberry lives close by so we decide we are going to come to her house to visit. She is more than gracious and allowed us all to stay in her house.

I toyed with the idea of driving but gas is expensive and Mapquest said it was 7 hours.....so we found some awesome flight prices and flew with Airtran. A lovely 53 minute plane ride to NYC.

beccaberry and luvthemouse were going to wait until the concert to surprise the girls. However, I seem to be in touch with my inner tween and told them they really should give the girls some advance notice. They need to pick out the right outfit b/c of course the Jonas Brothers are going to be able to spot them all the way up on the lawn :p015: and signs need to be made, fingernails painted, hair to be twirled and primped. So, they heeded my all knowing wisdom :p and decided to tell the girls ahead of time.

beccaberry picked Alysia and I up from the airport and we drove from NYC to where they live. Lots and lots of traffic. There was a school bus accident on the other side of the highway. We passed a couple of gas stations ($4.60 a gallon!) but decided not to get gas there. Then, it was becoming apparent that we were not going to make it all the way home with the little bit of gas we had left. We decided to stop in Greenwich (this is the Green Witch btw) to get gas. The GPS says there is a gas station....well there was. But, it must have been the scene of a crime since it was closed and had yellow police tape all around. We end up back on the highway and the GPS tells us to go to another gas station. Well....guess what? It was the SAME gas station!! So, we head over to the Lexus dealership across the street. I am ready to beg, borrow or steal some gas at this point......the Lexus Man points across the road and says there is a gas station right there. Apparently this one gas station must have JUST BEEN robbed :rolleyes008: The other Lexus Man points us in the right direction and off we go to an Exxon station to pay $4.79 for gas. Ouch.

5. Johnie

We finally make it to Rebecca Anne's house and out of the grasps of the Green Witch! She tried to make us stay but we were triumphant!

Lots of hugs to all of Rebecca Anne's family and we get out the munchies and start eating. There was a LOVELY lobster bisque dip from Vermont....yum. There was also a very unlovely salsa with 3 peppers. Alysia said it tasted like butt.....we were wondering when she had ever tasted butt :lol:

Krista and family had left Delaware years ago and got caught in all sorts of traffic. They finally made it, more hugs and lots of munchies were devoured. We had drinks (mango martinies I believe) and pulled pork sandwiches. We spent lots and lots of time talking and laughing. We were even able to sit out on the deck without sweating to death and being eaten by mosquitoes! This does not happen in Virginia. It is always humid and hot and lots of bugs around here.

6. SleepinCatz

mental note...bypass Greenwich...Got it. Geeze! That gas station wanted ya'll! Nice escape though lol...and the martinis couldn't have come on a better evening lol

7. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

The Green Witch can NOT outsmart two Southern girls....

Lobster Bisque dip - delicious

Pineapple Salsa - delicious

3 Pepper Salsa - bleh

And for the record, and because I know Johnie is too lovely to mention it...yes, I DID make the "sweet" bbq in lieu of the "vinegar" bbq....but it was at Jon's request...and since he was putting up with us all, I thought he should get at least ONE thing he asked for :D I promise you I'll do it "your" way next time :D

8. SleepinCatz

would have to try both bbq's...just to see the difference ofcourse lol

9. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Any Salsa sounds good to me - why was the 3 pepper bleh?

10. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Ok I'm lost on the barbeque thing?

11. BlondTinkerbell

BlondTinkerbell Earning my ears

FUN TIMES!
    Im the fear nothing 17 year old BTW

12. SleepinCatz

LOL I know who you are :) Hopefully one day when we visit Disney at the same time we will all get to spend some time together :) Last time was a Breakfast fly by from time to time lol

13. Beccaberry

THREE Southern women? Oh my....what would Disney do?

14. Johnie

:lol: wellI am ok with the sweet barbque.....I just prefer the NC style. And all barbque sandwiches should have slaw.

Cruella, barbque is a smoked meat here. Usually pork but it can also be beef. There are several styles of sauce. I prefer the vinegar based which is not sweet but tangy and is referred to as North Carolina style. The red, sweet sauce is usually Memphis style. Lots of people in other parts of the country say they are having a barbque when what they really mean is that they are cooking food outside on a grill.

becca and Krista please feel free to add to this story......we need all versions :p

15. Beccaberry

Well, so far you have it all correct. So far. :wink:

16. Johnie

:p I am trying

17. Beccaberry

No need to mention I stayed in my pj's practically all day on Saturday, or that Krista had her night shirt on inside out on Sunday...

18. Johnie

:p oh my I wasn't even going to mention Krista's night shirt!

We were all in our pj's for quite some time on Saturday.....

19. Beccaberry

I took the 3 pepper salsa to work today, and guess what? THEY LOVED IT!

Whatever.

20. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

Sweet BBQ is my favorite and I would have loved the coconut rum jello shots too :D