1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The NeverEnding Trip Report - 2007

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by hayleyneeyore, Jul 13, 2008.

1. hayleyneeyore

hayleyneeyore Earning my ears

The One With Yet More DIY

Right the itinerary cards - I've done quite a bit of booking and that after I did my original itinerary cards, plus the laminating wasn't that good on them last time AND I hadn't finished them, so we decided we'd reprint them today, and have another go at them. So many people have asked about them, and asked me to send the template, that I thought I'd take photos as I made them for anyone who is interested.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  2. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

And what a great idea the itinerary cards were!

I've passed mine onto so many others too!
  3. hayleyneeyore

Hello there Teresa!

I think we're thinking on going last week in August, first week in September for around 17-18 Nights.

We're not sure whether to stay at Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom or just go for a value or moderate - we're going to be moving in Oct/Nov (YAY!) so it depends what's in the budget. If we do deluxe it will be those dates, if we do value, we might go sooner in the month :p But we'll be split-staying again next year to do Universal, SeaWorld, etc. again :p015:

When are you going?!
  4. hayleyneeyore

The One With All The Surprises

I can't believe we leave for the airport on Sunday, it's unreal and out of this world!! I have booked a few more things since my last update, so I'll share with you all now :D

Today I booked some VIP Launch Tickets to Kennedy Space Center on August 7th with Grayline - I am so excited for this! I really hope the shuttle goes off. It's the day after we arrive, so chances are we will be knackered, but we reckon it's worth it - we can sleep after we get home right?! :lol:
    With the VIP package you get round transportation from your hotel; Maximum Access Pass to KSC Visitor Complex where there's special launch day stuff too; access to NASA Causeway, the closest place where the public can view the launch; and a souvenir t-shirt. A week today, I'm so looking forward! I booked that today!

I have booked 5 surprises that Els (DBF) does not yet know about, and I'm so excited to see his face when he finds out. I am usually so bad at keeping surprises, but I have kept these and am so proud of myself :D They are:

1. I have booked the Escape 'executive' Lounge at Manchester Airport on the morning we fly for us. I figured it would be a good way to relax before a 9 hour flight, and a 5 hour time difference!!

2. Today, I booked the "Shamu Rocks" Dinner Buffet at SeaWorld! This was a spur of the moment thing, but I am really looking forward to this! We were going to see Shamu Rocks that night anyway, so this is a little something extra :)

3. I have reserved a Limo to take us from the Sheraton Studio City to All Star Movies when we move hotel. Can you just picture DBF's face when the limo pulls up and I say it's for us?! He thinks we're just getting a towncar!

4. On arrival at ASMo, I have ordered a basket from Memories by Betsy (I highly recommend her!) with some Disney goodies for DBF. He loves Donald Duck and Stitch. It includes:
    2x YOAMD Refillable Resort Mugs
    Mickey Mouse/Park Icons Throw
    YOAMD Donald Duck Plush
    YOAMD Photo Frame
    Stitch Antenna Topper
    'CM Style' Name Badge with DBF's name on
    '2007' Pin
    2x Free 1st Visit Badges
    Here's a photo that she sent me:
    [​IMG]

5. And last but not least, I've booked us a Wishes Fireworks Cruise. I am really looking forward to this. It's 4 days from the end of our vacation, so will be a nice wind down to it. We are sailing from the Poly, which is perfect as we have an ADR at 'Ohana there beforehand :) We're doing this with some DIBBers including DizneyBlonde!

Now, I'm taking my CC and locking it firmly away and throwing the key!
  5. hayleyneeyore

The One Where I Nearly Burst

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!!!! :D

I am so excited, pretty nervous too! We are going to bed in an hour or so, and hopefully will get to sleep with no troubles. We might be like that advert - "but mom I can't get to sleep, WE'RE TOO EXCITED!!"

We are no longer going to see the shuttle launch, since it's moved 24 hours (typical, huh?) and I've been trying to get a refund on our tickets for the past 2 days which we are entitled to (never booking with Gray Line again) - BUT trying not to put a negative vibe on things, since WE ARE GOING TO FLORIDA!!

I will be getting up early tomorrow to shower and check-in online, then we're heading down to my parents house as they are taking us to the airport, and we are staying the night at Manchester Airport Travelodge :D AND THEN FLYING MONDAY MORNING!! I am really looking forward to the flight - I LOVE to fly! I'm a bit of a freak, I love the inflight meal :)

I'm soooo looking forward to loads of things, Discovery Cove, Seeing Shamu, seeing manatees, seeing Mickey, meeting EEYORE, seeing the Castle for the first time, doing the Wishes cruise, doing all my ADRs, Seeing Beauty and the Beast, the limo ride, riding Hulk and SheiKra - LOADS OF THINGS. I AM JUST EXCITED!!!!!!
  6. hayleyneeyore

The One Where It All Began - The Day Before We Went

We're finally getting started on the real deal! Brace yourself folks, you might need to get up now to make a cuppa, grab a sandwich, call your boss to book the next couple of weeks off.... it's gonna be a long ride! I'm gonna try and cut the smiley-usage down as I wanna try and cram the photos in! All in all we took just over 2,000 photos in 3 weeks!
  7. hayleyneeyore

The One Where We Finally Got To The Airport

It didn't take too long for us to wake up this morning as you can imagine! We had set the alarm, but I was up waaaay before then! I put the TV on quietly and stood in the window for a while just watching holidaymakers come and go on the shuttle bus, wondering where they've been, where they're going - do you ever do that at airports? I always look around wondering what destinations people are off to!
  8. hayleyneeyore

The One Where We Flew

We were quite excited to get onboard first - I hate to wait for anything, so when they said they were boarding from the back we rushed upfront with our boarding passes! We were finally going to fly with Virgin! Would I survive the longhaul flight?

As we walked to the plane, we passed an area which gave out free newspapers - I think Daily Mail or Express - and magazines (Full House), so I grabbed a mag but ended up not reading it! We found our seats at the back of the plane, 62H&K and began scouting out the goodies! A pillow and blanket, and the amenity kit was a plastic 'backpack' with travel socks, eyemask, toothbrush, toothpaste and a pen. We were so excited!!
    [​IMG]
    Please ignore my Elvis hair.

Just realised I haven't written the name of our plane down! I think it was a pretty cool name because I remember being excited when I saw it! [Wait - I think it was Pretty Woman] Anyhow, we were initially worried about a delay flying out but we took off at around 10.45am which was good as our original flight time was 10.25am. We had a browse through Seatback magazine which tells you what's on what channels and saw a few films we wanted to watch - ideal. Els' TV was kinda broken, well it didn't tilt, but he lived! We're off!!
    [​IMG]

They were pretty quick about bringing round some snacks and drinks, and we got 2 small bags of Worcester Sauce pretzels, I got an OJ, Els got a Heineken, and we both got some Virgin Vie hand and face wipes and headsets for the TVs.

The weather was beautiful, and there wasn't much clouds in the sky so we could see quite a bit. The Captain had already told us we were due to fly over North Wales, so we were pretty excited when we saw this:
    [​IMG]
    I have no idea if it was North Wales, but we waved goodbye to it nevertheless!

Ooh - films starting! Els settled down to watch Spiderman 3 whilst I started watching Shrek 3. We both really enjoyed our films and lunch came in the middle of the movie with a choice of Chicken Tikka, Meatball Marinara & Pasta, and Cottage Pie - you'll have to see what we got in my Dining Report!

We had a lot of fun watching the little map on the TV:
    [​IMG]
    But it was time for the next movie to start, which was Blades of Glory for me - OMG this was such a funny movie! If you like Anchorman, you'll like this! Els watched Shrek 3 after seeing me giggle through it.

Another moment of excitement checking the TV Map after the film was over and realising we were heading into Canada - moreso after looking out the window and seeing we were approaching land at last!!
    I'm sure the poor bloke behind me was thinking I was a weirdo taking photos of everything! Another momentous occasion as I visited an airplane toilet for the first time ever!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was time for our third movie, and by now I was beginning to get a tad restless to say the least. Els watched Blades of Glory, and I almost wish I'd watched it again, as I watched 'I Think I Love My Wife', which is the worst film I've seen in a long time and I switched it off halfway through.

Will we EVER get there - the novelty of flying long distance was definitely beginning to wear off! I began taking photos to pass the sloooow time.
    [​IMG]
    Are we STILL in Canada?!!

Luckily for me, our snack arrived - which you can see in my Dining Report! Els decided to take a nap after the film, which didn't last very long as a very bored me woke him up by doing this:
    [​IMG]

However we FINALLY started to get closer to Florida on the TV map, so I began getting excited again! It was so weird setting our watches back 5 hours! I was glued to the window when we started seeing towns and houses to see if I could spot anything, and after a scary bit of turbulence, the plane landed nearly an hour early - result!

Lemme off this plane, I wanna go to Orlando!!
  9. hayleyneeyore

The One Where We Got To Florida

Woohoo!
  10. hayleyneeyore

The One Where We Actually Did Something

Okay, where were we?! Ah yes – day 2!
  11. hayleyneeyore

The One Where We Did Universal, FOTL Style! Part I

I don't think I woke up too badly today (my notebook is still AWOL so I'll have to carry on without it!) - I think it was around 7am when I woke which was much better, and we had set the alarm for around 7.30am so that wasn't too bad. I had already packed a bag for us both yesterday as today, we were moving to RPR for the night!! I was really excited to FINALLY get to a park, as I'm sure you will be to finally get some proper action!! I doubled checked our bag to make sure we had everything we needed, and made sure to double check I had our RPR confirmation and our Universal tickets! I got the laptop up and running and decided to Skype the taxi company instead of using the room's phone - we had been recommended to call Checker Cabs, and I had seen them pass the other day so had written down the number on the side. I had no problems with phoning them, and they told us they would meet us outside the hotel. I quickly left the maid her tips for today and tomorrow on the bed, and we were on our way down!
  12. hayleyneeyore

The One Where We Did Universal, FOTL Style! Part II

By now we had done quite a bit, and I was dying for a drink so thought it would be a good time to go for lunch. It was 11.45am by now and there was a bit of a queue but plenty of room to sit inside. A man started speaking to me in the queue with the question, can I tell you a secret? Umm sure.... He wanted to tell me about the Meal Deal Bands. I said, okay thanks for letting me know, even though I knew already of course. He seemed incredulous that I didn't want to buy any, and kept on going, they sell them right outside! We were only planning on a light lunch and wanted to try Bubba Gump for dinner, PLUS drinks weren't included so this wasn't a good deal for us. The soda machine also wasn't working this day so we had to get a large lemonade instead of our usual Sprite.
  13. hayleyneeyore

The One With The Posh Hotel Room

We were so glad to get on the water taxi, as it was so hot, and luckily there wasn't a problem with queues. Once back at RPR, we head to reception for our room assignment - it's ready! WOO! We get new keys and are told we are in room 3544, which is ideal as it is in the main building - so no walking around trying to find our room! We pick up our bag from Luggage Services and head on up! Again, I was excited to see our view.
  14. hayleyneeyore

The One With All The Whinging AKA Islands of Adventure

We left you snoozing cosily in our obscenely huge bed in the Royal Pacific, after a bellyful o’ Bubba Gump. We had set the alarm for around 7/7.30am, and surprise surprise I was up again before it went off. Darn time zones. However, this meant I got to finish off packing our stuff that I was too tired to do the night before, meaning that all we had to do was change and skedaddle when the bell tolls.
  15. hayleyneeyore

The One Where We Stopped Whinging AKA Islands of Adventure

How about lunch I suggest? I could smell the burgers coming from Burger Digs upstairs and boy did they smell good. But it’s only 11.30! Came the reply. True, true, and I had really wanted to eat at Enchanted Oak, only one land away… but I could not face going out in the sun again for a bit, and just wanted a sit down. Els went to grab a table and I went to grab the burgers. Luckily for me, I was second in line. Unlucky for me, the person in front’s family of fifteen came to join him. Argh! Don’t you hate it when that happens! I wouldn’t mind him standing in line and another person joining him, but heck, fifteen people – are you kidding me?! And all of them wanted to buy the Meal Deal wristband. And none of them knew what they wanted. Argh! Argh! Argh! The polite thing to do would have been to let me go first…. You know the type of people who have an overflowing trolley in the supermarket, yet you only have a bottle of water and a packet of Nik Naks and they just let you wait… ok, I’m off my soapbox.

Fifteen minutes later, I order us 2 double cheeseburgers and fries, a coke for Els and a Sprite for me. Get my receipt, and oh, I spot that they also do single burgers. Ah well, we need energy. While I wait at the get-yo-food area, I notice people being served and they get their food way before me, it’s practically ready as they arrive at the collection point. I politely ask a girl what was going on, and she asks for my order so they can put it together. I get 1 of everything. I’m sorry *sigh* I asked for 2, and gave her my receipt. Another girl comes to look at it and she squeals, omg a lady just collected that 5 minutes ago! Can you believe it? While I was making the very long 3 metres over to the food-getty-place, someone had stolen my food! I was incredulous, this was the mother of all bad vacation days. The girls were great and just made up my order, I after all had the receipt! I think they should really ask for receipts, but I can’t believe the cheek of it! Someone got over $20 worth of food for free!

I walked back to the table Els had got and told him the story – well, we couldn’t do anything except laugh, and it definitely lightened the mood! The mystery of the Burgernapper is ongoing. Anyway, I promise that is enough whinging in this TR and we’ll get back to the real business. I’m not going to post a review of Burger Digs here, but I shall say the burgers were awesome and huge! And post this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I’m glad we went there now!

After a sit down and refreshment, and our tummies now full, we got a new lease of life. Onwards and upwards we go, for the Duelling Dragons!
    [​IMG]
    First up, the queue for this is long! I don’t mean the waiting, but you walk for ages just to get to the line! Luckily, it’s worth the walk! We tried Fire first and we set off in front of Ice and whilst it was great, we kinda wished they had waited to send us both of together. So as we were walking off, we spotted a side entrance to ride again. You don’t have to tell us twice! Off we went, this time choosing Ice, and this time, they sent us both off together and it was SUCH a better ride this way and the fear of getting your head kicked off was there (wait – did I say that out loud?!) We rode Ice again, before deciding it was in the best interests of our newly-fed stomachs to move onto something a little calmer. Thirsty again, we sidled up to a drink cart and I chose a pink lemonade slushee – very good, except a definite brain freeze alert! We took a break and a few photos:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We watched the fountain for a while, before moving on to Seuss Landing.
    [​IMG]

Now this is a cool land! The theming is absolutely fantastic and the colours are so bright! The only this is, it’s very very hot in this land, and I think it’s because of all the different colours. We filmed and took quite a bit of photos in here. I had wanted to ride the Sky Trolley, but it was out of use for the moment so we headed straight onto the Cat in the Hat – it was really cute but I wouldn’t make an effort of going on it unless you had kids. Maybe I’m biased as I had to throw away my lovely pink slushee before going on.
    [​IMG]
    We emerged into (surprise!) a giftshop and there were plenty of cool stuff here! We thought the Thing 1 Thing 2 t-shirts were a hoot, but they were quite expensive and we probably wouldn’t wear them again.

Back around we go to Marvel Superhero Island. I was nervous about leaving our bags inside the locker again, but I made sure that we had one that shut properly and we remembered the number. The queue for Hulk was much larger now, even with FOTL it was around 10 minutes, so go when we park opens!
    [​IMG]
    We rode this again, and moved over to Spidey which we also rode again. Els is a huge Simpsons fan, and it’s true, he’s converted me over the 3.5 years we’ve been together, so everytime we rode this he had to quote Dr Nick: “I want upside down kiss with Mary Jane”. That is one of our all-time favourite Dr Nick quotes, aaaand if you don’t watch, you just think I’m insane right now!

On with the show! It was approaching 3pm, and we’d done everything we wanted once, twice, thrice. If we were staying at RPR again tonight then we’d probably have gone back and chilled out, then come back and rode some more. But we weren’t, and it was getting very hot. We decided to go for it and we would ride Bilge Rat Barges and Dudley Do Right while our bag was in the locker. We queued for Bluto, and if I haven’t said it a hundred times this TR I’ll say it again, it was sooo hot! I couldn’t wait for that water! We got sat in a raft with a bunch of really fun Americans! We had a blast and the ride was awesome! The best rapid ride I’ve ever been on and we got SO WET it was unreal – there wasn’t a bit of me that was dry! Next up was Dudley Do Right – hey, when in Rome (another favourite quote from one of the best movies – Anchorman!). Since we were already soaked, we went for it, and this was really good too, especially the huge dip – but if you only have time to do one water ride, let it be Bluto!
    [​IMG]
    Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls

Walking back, people actually seemed jealous that we were soaked as opposed to finding it funny, like I say, it was so darn hot!! Els spotted a sunglasses stand near Hulk so he went for a look there since his had broken the day before. He managed to get some really cool ones for $20 - bargain! Especially in a theme park! We were sideswept into a shop and I was paying for a few goodies to take home. when I turned around and there was a local celebrity queing behind us. He exclaimed he was so tired having been out fighting crime til 2am, and now just wanted to buy something for his dog. Els remarked, you look good though, and he answered, 'thanks bud, creepy, but thanks' - I thought this was hilarious! He posed for a quick photo:
    [​IMG]
    Before vanishing to have upside down kiss with Mary Jane! Sorry! Couldn't help myself! Els loves Spidey!
  16. hayleyneeyore

The One With The Cinnamon & The T-Shirt

We collected our bag and waved goodbye to IOA as we set off towards Citywalk.
  17. hayleyneeyore

The One Where We Did I Drive - Part I

After our last tiring 2 days, we felt no need to get up very early today, but still managed to get up at a decent hour, around 8.30/9am… we’re making progress on this time zone thing! We packed up our bag for the day, changed and headed on out of the hotel. Just as we were walking out, we spotted the Trolley at the stop so practically ran for it, and luckily we caught it. We were lucky in the fact that we were one of the first trolley stops on the way down I Drive, as it was usually empty when we got on which meant we could grab a seat.
  18. hayleyneeyore

The One Where We Did I Drive - Part II

However, after catching the Trolley up there, we discovered there wasn’t really much choice at this stop at all. We would first do Titanic and then take care of our hunger. We paid at the main entrance to the exhibit, and luckily I had remembered a coupon I had for this as well.
  19. hayleyneeyore

The One Where We Shopped

I am feeling the Florida Fever today, so I thought it would be nice to pick this up again and see if I can somehow get it finished before next trip (chance would be a fine thing!) - forgive me, as this is going to be from memory so it might be a tad patchy!!
  20. hayleyneeyore

The One Where We Did Busch Gardens - Part I

Today was an exciting day – we were headed to Busch Gardens!! (Sorry, everything is from memory so it might be a bit jumpy!)