1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The Official Countdown Has Begun!!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Faythstar, May 20, 2013.

1. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

As some of you know, my husband and I have been loosely planning a Disney/Universal trip for later this year, but we didn't really have exact dates etc. planned out. I am positively GIDDY to announce that now we do! Although we will not be there during the exact time frame we originally planned, or be staying in the Art of Animation Resort as we originally planned, I am just ecstatic to know that plans are in motion and it's really happening. Looks like we will be there for September 22-29 and will most likely be staying in the Pop Century Resort. We will be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary (which is August 6) and my birthday (September 4) as well as my husband's birthday (September 28)! Plus, my mom is coming with us, which is going to be wonderful because she hasn't been to WDW in years (since I was in high school) and she's never been to Universal, so we are going to have a blast showing her all the new things!

Also, because we were so wishy-washy with our plans, we weren't able to secure a dinner reservation for Be Our Guest so it looks like we'll be trying our luck with the lunch menu. I'm nervous we will have trouble getting a table even at lunch; I know they don't do reservations at lunch. Has anyone had any experience with this so far?

Anyway, I'm just super super excited now & I know you all would be excited with me. :)
  2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

What WONDERFUL news, Faythstar!! It sounds like it's going to be a FANTASTIC trip!! I do love Pop Century!! It appears as though our dates will overlap!!! We arrive on the 24th and will be there until October 1! And we are ALSO celebrating double birthdays (my 40th, and the boy's 21st which is just the day before your DH's!)! Like you, are plans weren't "firm" until well after the window for BoG, so we will be giving it a complete miss this year and instead enjoying the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT. So then! What are you plans???? I can't wait to hear more!!
  3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Excellent news!
  4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Sounds fabulous. Congratulations.
  5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Great news! Are you taking advantage if free dining?
  6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Brilliant news Faythstar, I am really pleased for you :happydance: :happydance:

Sorry you couldn't get a reservation at Be Our Guest, don't give up though, keep checking as things might change.

It looks like September will be a month of celebrations for Secrets' members, as we are celebrating our 25th anniverary in September as well :D
  7. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

Beccaberry, that is fantastic! It actually occurred to me (and it's silly that I didn't think of it before) that it will be an anniversary/TRIPLE birthday celebration, because my mama's is at the end of August. So now it's even more special. :)

I'm ecstatic to experience WWoHP again, because my DH and I LOVED it on our honeymoon, and to show everything to my mom who was/is a huge fan of the books and movies. And of course we're all stoked to see New Fantasyland. But more than anything, I think I'm just excited to spend special time in my favorite place with my two favorite people; people who make me feel like a kid again and who let the Disney magic affect them in such a positive way, as I do. I could not be more excited.
  8. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

You are going to have a brilliant time and I can almost see you bouncing up and down with excitement. So when are you going to start planning everything :D
  9. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

We're already planning! I sort of had some ideas from when we first mentioned we were planning a trip eventually this year, but now I can actually start planning days. We're having a trip-planning meeting with my mom next week to decide restaurants so I can make reservations. We actually already have reservations for our favorite Universal restaurant! I did that yesterday as soon as we nailed down dates. (That's when I tried desperately to make reservations for BOG too, but I didn't have very high hopes.)

What we're sort of thinking now is spending our first day at Animal Kingdom (because it's collectively our least favorite park, and we will most likely spend the least amount of time there), and then spending that evening at Downtown Disney. I really want to try the T-Rex restaurant, and there is some shopping I'd like to get done there, and I doubt we'll have another chance. Then the next day head to Islands of Adventure, and do Universal the day after. We definitely want to eat at Mythos at IoA (my husband and I loooved it on our honeymoon, and I know my mom will get a kick out of it), and we'll probably eat at Hard Rock on our Universal day, then do their mini-golf that evening.

And that's what I've got so far. :)
  10. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Well that is a REALLY great place to start!