1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The parks are empty!

Discussion in 'General' started by DisneyFreak, May 12, 2011.

1. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

We just got back from a four day trip yesterday. The parks were a little crowded over the Mother's Day weekend but once Monday came around......<<crickets>>

We went into Typhoon Lagoon on Monday morning a little after 10am and stayed till almost 2pm. There were still plenty of chairs and the only lines over 5 minutes were for Crush n Gusher and the family raft which were 20-30 minutes which still is not bad at all.

Monday night the Magic Kingdom was open until 2am and again, most rides outside of Fantasyland were less than 20 minute waits.

Tuesday was the biggest surprise at DHS. We got into the park at around 11:30am and only waited 35 minutes for Toy Story Mania which is at least always 60 minutes without a FP. At around 3:40pm my wife wanted to see Beauty and the Beast so I went over to Tower. I walked right into the library without a wait and then only about 5 minutes in the boiler room. I then headed over to RnRC and waited maybe 15 minutes. I still had time to kill before Beauty was over so went back to Tower and walked right into the elevator without ANY wait!! I did all three rides within 35 minutes time. AMAZING!!

I also had never seen 50's Prime Time so empty. You usually can't even walk around the bar/living room area and there was maybe 10 people in there.

I was in shock.
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Wow and I thought it was quiet in September!

Sounds like you had a great time and didn't have to wait long for anything. Welcome home :wave:
  3. katycoco

katycoco Imagineer

Hi sorry to jum on your thread, but i saw you mention sept, I am going sept 2011, and i wast sure what the parks would be like, is that a good time to visit,

thanks

Kate
  4. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

September is always a good time to visit as the UK schools have gone back and so too have the US schools.

The weather is still lovely and you will have such a great time :)

Sandra
  5. katycoco

katycoco Imagineer

THANKS FOR THE INFO, WE CANT WAIT.

KATE
    [​IMG]
  6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

we went to the magic kingdom for mothers day and stayed till the end. Oh dear :lol:

easily over an hour to get to the car park
  7. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Hi Kate :) September is very quiet just after Labour Day until about the end of the month when it starts to fill up again. It's a lovely time to go, there is still the heat but the humidity has started to fall off. It is our favourite time of the year to go and we've been at various different times.

You will have a great time :yes:
  8. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Sorry we missed you Keith.
  9. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

During the week is always better than on a weekend anyway. Oct/Nov and Mar/Apr are the best times to visit weather-wise. Not too hot, not too cold.

Weekends are probably busy right now with FL Residents using up their 4-day passes.