1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The Partners Statue at the Magic Kingdom

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

partners-statue.jpg

The Partners Statue made it’s debut at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World, this week in June 1995. It is situated in front of Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom.

It is a tradition with us that we have a photo taken here every year by a Photopass Photographer and and the I add the date when we get them printed.

Courtesy of Disney Parks, here are some fun facts about the Partner's Statue that you may or may not have known:

• The Partners Statue was sculpted by Disney Legend Blaine Gibson. A former Disney animator and Imagineer, Blaine took one year to create the sculpture and based his depiction of Walt on a bust he originally created in the 1960s.

• When considering having Mickey hold Walt’s hand, Blaine consulted footage from the film “Fantasia,” in which Mickey shakes the hand of orchestra conductor Leopold Stokowski.

• One early sketch of the Partners Statue featured Mickey holding an ice cream cone in one hand.

• When choosing an expression for Walt’s face, Blaine tried to reflect Walt’s goal of making people happy. The statue’s expression is Blaine’s interpretation of Walt watching happy people enjoy the park.

• The initials on Walt’s tie are “STR,” and stand for “Smoke Tree Ranch,” an area in Palm Springs where Walt once owned a vacation home.

2. Mamabear

Mamabear Earning my ears

Wow what great facts :)

Joshy and JackJacks Mummy

3. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

I LOVE this statue. I don't know why, but I have to visit it every time I go to Magic Kindgom or Disneyland Paris.

I once saw a bronse scaled version in Paris a few years ago which was around 200 euro's. At the time it was too expensive, but it was beautiful.

I managed to pick a similar orniment in Epcot of all places last year. It is a black one and slightly bigger but it's not as nice if I am honest.

I wish I could find that bronse version again but I have looked everywhere and even phoned disney for it.

One day I will get my hands on it! lol

4. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

5. Mamabear

Mamabear Earning my ears

Love it ! :)

Joshy and JackJacks Mummy