1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

the pirates league?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by mmouse, Feb 12, 2011.

1. mmouse

mmouse Earning my ears

yet another question but has anyone tried the pirates league yet? did you enjoy it? was it worth the money?

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Haven't had any personal experience of this but we did notice a lot of 'pirates' wandering around MK last visit.

We do have some info on it right HERE

3. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

is this similar to the princess make overs then?

4. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Oooooh oooh oooh ooooh we booked Steven in for this last August. It was awesome.

We booked the First Mate's package which was $40 something dollars. First you have to choose your pirate name then you are shown through to the makeover area and wait until you are called (by your pirate name so don't forget it). You have to choose what facial makeup you want and your pirate will confirm your choice and explain how it's done. Once you are made up you have to take the pirate oath and everyone claps and cheers you. Then you line up for your cutlass lesson and get all your other bits and pieces. Then it's through to the secret treasure room to have your photo taken. You get one photo as part of the package but they give you a barcode on a receipt to add all the other photos to a photopass card.

Worth it? Every penny. I think we had more fun than Steven. There is always pirate type banter going on between everyone. I kept getting told off for trying to sneak a peek into the secret treasure room and the next junior pirate in the room was told to keep a close eye on me and shout if I moved towards the treasure room again. :lol:

So I say go for it. The only downside I guess is that the make up they use is very heavy greasepaint. Steven didn't enjoy this in the august heat so it was washed off quite soon afterwards but I still say it's a fantastic way to spend an hour or so.