The Pre-trippie that almost wasn't...

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Trip Reports and Itineraries' started by Beccaberry, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Website Manager/IT
    Amazing how fast a trip can sneak up on you isn't it?

It occurred to me this morning as I was enjoying my coffee and chitter-chattering with Baleigh that in less than 60 hours we will be in Disney World. I'm not joking when I tell you I haven't even finished unpacking from our long weekend in August. Seriously. I could show you the cases.

But like a childhood game of Hide & Seek - ready or not, here it comes.

As most of you know, we're taking my mom and dad for their first trip-ever. We are celebrating two milestones for my dad - his cancer is still in remission, and he has officially finished cardio rehab following bypass surgery. It's a bit surreal looking back, really. The journey from hearing "I'm in Stage 4." to hearing "I'm going to Disney World!" still brings me to my knees when I allow myself to dwell too long in the memories.

To say I am grateful for every moment we have been given doesn't even begin to describe it.

Originally our trip was planned for 5 days in September, just Jon and I for the F&W Festival - compliments of a bounce-back offer from our trip last year. Our friends, who also share a love of Disney, then joined in for an "Adults Only" trip. So, when my dad expressed an interest in going, we added a few days on the front end and included the kids. Our trip now looks something like this:

9/24-2/29 - Cars Suite at Art of Animation w/ Dining Plan (Mom, Dad, Me, Baleigh and Andrew - Jon joining us on 9/26)
    9/29-10/2 - Parents and kids leave for home and Jon and I are solo (a first!) at the Boardwalk Villas (also a first!)
    10/3-10/5 - Jon & I (along w/ our friends Tracy and Eric) at Pop Century

Much has changed while planning this trip - what started out as a simple trip to the F&W Festival has now become a chance to say "goodbye" to a number of World Showcase acts (namely, Off Kilter and the Players) as well as a final visit to a couple of rides that will likely be gone upon our return - (Maelstrom and Backlot Tour). And, while I'm sad to see them go, I look forward to what the future holds (just keep the hell AWAY from my Osborne Lights :wink: ).

Of course in the midst of the changes, a few "favorites" remain. We will be attending MNSSHP with our friends, we have reservations for Cali Grill and Flying Fish; and, of course, there's the F&W Festival fun to be had. We'll also be trying some new experiences. We'll have a chance to ride the Mine Train, and we'll be attending a Epcot Wind Down event at La Cava de Tequila. We're also attending a mixology class w/ Joffreys Coffee where we will mix a few coffee cocktails (YUM!). We may even make it to Jellyrolls!

I just have to pack. And somehow, like always, pull everything together.

What I've learned over the years though is this - things have a way of getting done. And those that don't - really didn't need doing anyway.

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Staff Member Administrator

You have fun packed time ahead of you. There is only one thing missing….… me :wink:

Seriously, you are going to have a wonderful time and make some new lovely memories :hug2:

3. uscwest

uscwest Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have an action and fun packed trip planned.

4. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

So looking forward to hearing all about this very special visit. :hug2:

5. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Well-Known Member

Teacher/planetarium director
    :hug2:I know you will have the time of your life, quite litterally. I know you will make it a very special happening for all of your loved ones.

6. Beccaberry

Beccaberry Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Website Manager/IT
    And because we truly LOVE being impulsive in our family...I've just received a phone call from Andrew's girlfriend asking if I would mind terribly if she flew in on Friday night to stay the weekend and surprise Andrew for his birthday (he'll be 22 on Saturday). Ummmmm...SURE!! Why not! The more the merrier......

Right?

7. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    Wow, Becca, I'm entranced by your writing style already, and you've not even packed yet!

Looking forward to hearing more.

8. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Right! Right? OH! YES! RIGHT!!! :D

9. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    :laughhard: