1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The Quick & Dirty "Girls ONLY" Four Day Spectacular

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Beccaberry, Aug 18, 2013.

1. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Sounds fabulous.
  2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I actually started writing this last night around 10pm, and promptly fell fast asleep at the computer :)

Back in the room. We had plans to stay at DHS for EMH, but with only two hours of sleep and a very long travel day, intelligence prevailed and we're now in our pajamas, having pizza in the room and looking forward to an early(ish) evening.

Simply put, I find the new bands really amazing. I was extremely resistant to the idea of planning FP's ahead of time, but having now experienced it in "real time" I am actually quite impressed. We started with lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe, and basically had the rest of our afternoon planned out until 730. We skipped the 120 minute wait at Toy Story Mania in favor of the 15 minute Fast Pass line (which we didn't have to arrive at rope drop and sprint to get). We finished quickly enough that we were able to wait in the standy-by line for The Voyage of the Little Mermaid without one of us having to sprint across the park and secure Fast Passes for RnRC. We breezed passed the 90 minute stand-by RnRC line and barely waited 5 minutes to get in our limo for a ride that now showed "all FP for today have been distributed." After that we had about 30 minutes before our ToT FP became active, so we waited in the 40 minute stand-by line (to enjoy the queue) and then rode again when our FP became active.

What I liked most I think was the feeling of freedom it gave me to enjoy the park without having to worry about what we were going to next. Plus, with it being such a short trip, I feel like we were able to accomplish SO much more in such a short time - we left DHS after about 6.5 hours and didn't feel like we'd missed anything. Clearly they aren't for everyone, and they won't work with some guest's style of touring; but I have truly enjoyed the experience so far. Like I said, I hate bracelets/watches, but the magic bands are lightweight, and fairly unobtrusive. Most of the time I didn't even realize I was wearing it.

Of course, Disney has already started marketing "swag" for your magic bands:
    IMG_4026.JPG IMG_4029.JPG

Widgets for your bands:
    IMG_4027.JPG IMG_4028.JPG

All in all, it was quite a lovely day! We managed to dodge much of the rain, and when we didn't - well, we didn't really care!

A few more photos from the day:
    My favorite. (almost EXACTLY the costume I'd had in mind for MNSSHP!)
    IMG_3995.JPG

Our server at 50's, Uncle Gary - he was awesome!
    IMG_4003.JPG

Does life GET any better than dessert on a viewmaster? No.
    IMG_4010.JPG

My daughter and one of HER favorites.
    IMG_4019.JPG

MANIA!
    IMG_4021.jpg

Today we're off with the Hodgetts' to Blizzard Beach! We will be lazy and spend most of the day floating and gabbing and generally just enjoying life :)
  3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Oh dear... is that a PB&J Milk Shake in the same picture with Uncle Gary? :unsure:

I live for the PB&J milk shakes at Mom's place. :worship:

Tom :)macwave:... back in the 50's tonight.)
  4. uscwest

You know, I have never had one of these. But, I really like PB&J so am considering trying it for the first time on this upcoming trip. I actually prefer a coffee milkshake.
  5. Beccaberry

Why, yes sir it is!! Good eye!

It was a big hit with the girls!
  6. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

If you like PB&J John, you owe it to yourself to try one at Mom's. The flavor is there without being overwhelming. I'm seriously addicted to the things!

But if you can't wait...

[video=youtube_share;j_j7Ea5vE6E]http://youtu.be/j_j7Ea5vE6E[/video]​

There's always the home grown option! :thumbsup:

Tom :)macwave:... now officially starving for one.)
  7. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Becca, sounds like you are having a blast! I am glad you like the bands. You just knew that marketing was a strong point of selling the concept.

Hey what special surprise was waiting for you at check in? Didn't a CM promise you something?
  8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I can barely catch up with you! What a wonderful trip you are having. The bands sound pretty good. I don't know if I'd want to use them for the way we do the parks, but absolutely for what you are doing now. If we had guests who were on a limited time, they'd be good. :yes:

Hope things continue to go well for you. :wiggle:
  9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Sounds like a fun time!

John, I think you'd really like the PB&J shake. It's quite good
  10. Beccaberry

Have just watched a young man propose to his girlfriend here on the beach of the Polynesian. Very sweet, and OMG the ring was LOVELY!

She said yes!!
  11. Beccaberry

Yes, marketing is a part of everything these days isn't it? :wink:

Oh yes! Thanks for the reminder 'skip...I almost forgot that I forgot to mention two things! First, I must say that the Pop Food Court seems to really be stepping up their game here at dinner! Just as a "for instance" we noticed "Shrimp w/ Cheesy Grits" and "Mussels" on the menu last night!

As for the "special surprise". Wow! Did they out do themselves!!! When we got to the room last night, this was waiting for us:

IMG_6213.jpg

Unsure of what it was at first, the girls eagerly read the card, "Thanks for visiting! We hope you have a GREAT school year!" From Your Disney Pals

THEN I was allowed to open the cellophane. Turns out, they couldn't have selected a better gift! It's a yellow rucksack on top, with a softside cooler on the bottom. It has tons of little pockets all around it, and the cutest Mickey icon stitched on the flap. Inside the cooler bit were two bottles of water, a few snacks, two matching photo albums, two disposable cameras, a photo frame and a magnet.

IMG_4032.JPG

It was PERFECT for our day at Blizzard Beach today. Towels in the top, waters and snacks in the bottom, with a handy pocket for our phones and whatnot! As close as we live to the beach, I can promise this little gem will get plenty of mileage. The real fun though, was trying to explain to my girls what the disposable cameras were :wink: "But how do we see the picture first?" "What do I do with it when it stops clicking?" "How do you upload them to Facebook?" Oh yes. Great fun.

A few more photos from our day:

Our building icon:
    IMG_4036.JPG

Worms in Dirt - it's what's for breakfast!
    IMG_4037.JPG

Kona for dinner!
    IMG_4042.JPG
    IMG_4043.JPG
    Seriously, I LOVE their French press coffee....so nice.

Fireworks from the beach at the Poly w/ friends.
    IMG_4060.JPG IMG_4064.JPG

Truly one of the more perfect days I've spent in Disney. Floating with a dear friend down the lazy river, laughing our heads off like it hadn't been 12 minutes since we'd seen one another much less 12 months. Watching "my girls" have REAL fun. Sweet talking the CM at Kona into seating us together, a WONDERFUL martini (truffle!), watching the lovely couple on the beach get engaged and sharing in their joy....*sigh* oh yes, quite lovely :)

Looking forward to tomorrow - off to Akershus for breakfast w/ the princesses and then more My Magic+ FP's: Soarin', Test Track, and Mission: SPACE :)

Should be a fun day!

OOOH! Magic Band update: not much to report today as we didn't use them much. However, I CAN confirm that they *are* water-resistant!
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  12. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

I want a magic band!!!!
  13. uscwest

Those scallops look marvelous.
  14. Beccaberry

John, the scallops were very tasty! In fact, everything we had was delicious.
  15. Beccaberry

Meant to say - after Kona last night, we took the monorail back over to MK to catch our bus to Pop. Arrived to find the bus line for Pop still overflowing the queue. Quick look at AoA bus stop showed only 3 people waiting. Made an impulsive decision to jump in that line instead. Five minutes later, a bus arrived, we had a seat, and we had quite a lovely stroll across the bridge to our resort. Not a bad option if the circumstances work out.
  16. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

What a perfect day! And the food looks gorgeous!
  17. Beccaberry

Currently standing in queue for our Princess Breakfast in Norway where I may have to be physically restrained from replying to the @ss behind me who I just overheard say, "Are you kidding me? We've been waiting nearly ten minutes. I think people without small children should have to wait behind those of us who have kids. Seriously, if you're thirty years old, you don't need to see a princess."

Would I be ejected for throwing my camera at him?
  18. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I wouldn't want to waste the camera on him but if he happened to fall headfirst into a wastebin.... :D

Loving the trip report and photos!!!! :hug2:
  19. Watchinherskip

Yeah forget that I want to go to there with Becca!! She has the juice! The mojo!

What a great time you must be having!
  20. Watchinherskip

Maybe you should use the disposable one! Tell the girls that is what they are for!:lol: