1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The return of......

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Isafari, Oct 18, 2009.

1. djdigitald

djdigitald Earning my ears

Have to agree with you there Tink as the whole ethos of EPCOT when it was dreamt up by Walt was that it would be the viewpoint of tomorrow and to be honest there isn't anything there at the moment that is that!!!!

What i would really like to see return when i think about it is River Country!!!! Only managed to go there the once and at the time it was the best water park around!

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You won't see River Country come back, I'm afraid. It's gone for good. The water there was from the lake, and that poses all sorts of health risks in Florida.

The bacteria levels are terribly hard to control, and if the water temp gets above 80 degrees (for a period of time) it allows a certain amoeba to grow that if it enters your body (through the nose, usually) it can have deadly consequences. We've had children lost because of this. :(

So, all that unpleasantness to say, River Country won't be returning as a lake fed park anyway.

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

theyre gone???? :sorry:

I miss all the entertainment in Epcot... it was really nice to just walk from country to country and not kjnow what you would find.... this trip I have to admit to finding the world showcase a bit boring.... :unsure:

4. djdigitald

djdigitald Earning my ears

Yeah i knew all about that, it was just a shame that they could have done something to rectify the issue rather than just shutting the park down and now leaving it to rot. It wouldn't have been to hard or costly for Disney to convert it to a conventionally fed water park.

5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

oh!!

does anyone remember a purplish/pinkish robot in Epcot??? I cannot for the life of me remember his name, but I do remember sitting around in a circle and he would turn around and answer the kids questions

now.. this was back in 1986, I was 10, didnt speak English and therefore NEVER got to ask my many questions.... hahahaha.... He was gone next time I went :(

I believe he was in first pavillion to the left... then again, my memory could fail me...

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I never saw that one, Mari but they did have one several years ago. It was in the building that holds Fountain View Cafe... that was fun!

7. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Tapestry of Nations and the original Imagination ride.

8. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

I wish I had experienced River Country AND Discovery Island (i think that's what it was called) as they were both still in operation my first few years of visiting WDW but at the time I had no reason to think they were going bye-bye. Also wish I had stayed in the original Treehouse Villas. I am glad they are reopening them but wish I could have seen how they originally were inside.