1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The Road to Banff!!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by BevW, Aug 17, 2008.

1. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

Ok, I totally wasn't taking notes on this trip , but my son is TOTALLY awesome as a writer and he actually knew where we were most of the time.
    He's only got up to day 5 on his blog, but they are funny and very informative. He should be home by now, he met up with Maria in Dallas so they could have a mini reunion before being bombarded by all the kids.

Anyway...go http://twowheeledoxherder.blogspot.com/ and you'll be able to read part of our trip. as soon as he's done with the rest of the report, I'll let you all know!

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

HEYYYYYY!!!! Nice to see you again Biker Woman! :hug2: How was the trip??? :9: Tell us all the good bits! :yes: Well all the G rated good bits! :eek:

3. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

:lol: :lol: :lol: I opened this post thinking it was somebody in Scotland going to Banff which is in Aberdeenshire not far from where I live. Only as I started to read it did I realise it was a different Banff. Great TR all the same

4. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

Welcome back Bev great blog too:wave:

5. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

I told you guys my son was the writer! :lol:
    It was a FANTASTIC trip...and yes, a few times when I got off the bike for the obligatory gas stop...my legs were a bit wobbly. And sometimes I couldn't feel my rear end! :lol:

Tink, since our son was on this trip..it was TOTALLY G rated! :lol: Rick says next time we're going on our own. I had so much fun!!!! And I am so tan! The one thing that really wasn't so great about this trip was most of it was on the Freeway...you know..speeds of 75 - 80 mph. Or in Canada 110 kph, and most of the Canadians were passing us like we were standing still! You know how HARD it is to take pictures on the back of a bike going that fast! Sort of blurry pics :lol:

Tentative plans for the NEXT Roadtrip is MAINE!!! woooohooooo

6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Hi Bev :hug1: welcome home sweetie, I missed you :hug1: It sounds like you had a really good time :D

7. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

Oh Wendy..it was the next best thing to actually being at Disney! Well, maybe not....:lol: but you know what I mean. It was a wonderful vacation. Saw a lot of cool sites and lots of wildlife...even a BEAR!!!!!!

8. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I know what you mean, it sounds like it was brilliant. Chris and I want to go to Yellowstone and seeing the photos is brilliant :D

You deserve a medal going all that way on Harley :hug1:

9. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

Nah..no medal..but Rick and I have decided to get the Harley ultra glide -bigger bike with the big back seat for my back seat. :lol:

Yellowstone was wonderful, but Glacier was beautiful also. Banff is someplace we DEFO want to go back and see again. Custer St Park is just gorgeous, and Mt. Rushmore is phenomenal.

10. Tink

Honey, if I rode any more I'd be meeting you for that road trip to Maine! Need a follow car? :lol:

Did you get rained on? (I tried to read the blog but it crashed my computer)! :lol: (I'm sure it's the laptop and not the blog). That's SO much fun; riding at top speeds in the rain. :rolleyes:

11. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

I tried to post a comment to one of the entries..and I got shut out. I tried again, and it was ok. I know it was my computer...it's old.
    ANYWAY....yes we did get rained on! In Canada once..it was just a slight sprinkle. AND about 20 minutes from home we hit the BIG one....we had to stop and actually put our rain gear on...I stayed fairly dry all smooshed up against Rick...hehehehehe

Hmmmm a follow car...I'll bring that up at the next riders meeting! Great idea! You can carry the gear and sandwiches!

12. Tink

:D And the money. :D :D :lol:

13. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

Oh yeah....that's a good one too. Especially since this trip was mostly cash only. We paid for gas and souviners with CC, but hotel and food was cash.

Do you know that Canada does NOT have $1 bills? they have the $1 and $2 coins. THAT gets so heavy after awhile.

14. Tink

Same with Ireland. They have 1 euro coins, 2 euro coins... Does get heavy. We used them for tips at the pubs and for the chambermaid. The pubkeepers loved us. :D :lol:

Don't you just love Canada though? :yes:

15. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

Oh Tink...Canada was so beautiful! We met this wonderful older man who played all sorts of cool "odd" instruments while we were at Lake Louise. He had on ... shoot, I can't spell it or pronounce the name of those shorts with suspenders...and he YODELED while our picture was being taken with him! It was awesome!

16. Tink

I can't spell it but I think you mean leiderhosen? :unsure: My Da brought my brother a pair back from Germany on one of his visits. :yes: (My brother had to wear them too). Heeeeheeeeheee!

I love Canada. I love the country areas and I love their cities (well, the ones I've been to, of course). :yes: So, are you saying, "eh" and "oout" and "hooose?" :lol:

17. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Hey sweetie. Tell David to get the rest of that blog posted. It ends at day 5. :lol:

18. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Welcome home, Bev!

Banff is gorgeous, isn't it?

19. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

Yes...leiderhosen...and I got a HUG! :lol:
    David started saying EH a lot! it was VERY annoying.

I've let him alone this weekend. He and Maria were in Dallas without the kids!
    Now I'm back to being MOM...I'll go bug him.

Banff was so PRETTY!!! One thing we learned about being in Canada, they have a different mind set. When you order Chinese here in the states, you KNOW you're going to get served within 20 minutes. In Canada, it took almost an HOUR!!! Same with the super nice Restaurant at the Caribou Lodge where we stayed in Banff. Dinner was superb, but it took FOREVER to get it.

20. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Welcome back Bev :wave:

Wow! What a fantastic trip, the scenery looks breathtaking. I've had a look through and hopfully tomorrow I will get the time to have a proper read :D