1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The surprise May Villa & car (gulp) trip

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by keith, Apr 28, 2011.

1. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Nice to see a neutral post froma novice villa renter. Sounds like a really positive experience of a first time villa renter Keith - really pleased you enjoyed staying in your own little piece of Florida for 2 weeks.

Next time you want Chinese type food, try Thai Thani at Celebration as well - the food is gorgeous

We are big fans of Celebration and spend many happy times there.

Have a good trip home

Sandra
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

oh a completely positive and amazing experience for sure! I absolutely loved it and don't want to leave :lol:

One thing I was surprised by was how little there was at champions gate. I have perhaps simply missed it since we only went there once and briefly. I kinda expected it to be a huge place with loads of restaurants etc :lol:

It wasn't in any way a problem though! It's just people in the past have said oh you must try champions gate... I must have only gone in one section or something
  3. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Sounds like you absolutely loved it :thumbsup: I struggle to find a nice Chinese buffet anywhere in the world but Hong Kong really spoilt Chinese food for me as it's just not the same any more :thumbsdown:

If I don't speak to you before then have a safe journey home!
  4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

So happy you have had a great time :hug2: I told you that you'd be converted :yes:

Im glad our favourites helped, it is so more relaxing when you don't know where you're going. We use the gps if we are going a bit further away, but we know of a lot of back roads to avoid the traffic, so we have to turn it off because she drives us mad telling us we need to make a u-turn :lol:

:lol: You've had it easy with the Disney buses, it is a long walk to the parking lots :lol: It depends where you are going though, we park in the Boardwalk if we are going to Epcot, we've caught the boat to HS studios from there as well.

I guess you are on your way to the airport (or probably there if you did leave at 3.30) Hope the flight leaves on time hun :hug2: speak to you when you get home.
  5. keith

Had a totally wonderful time best ever and so don't want to leave lol

Completely converted both to villa and to car hire

At airport now sigh

6. Wendy

:sigh: it's horrible when it's time to come home :hug2:

Hope it didn't take very long to find rental return.
  7. keith

It was really easy actually.... the gps took us right there, handed everything over, said sad fairwells to dolly dodge and walked across the path to the checkin desk. That's one thing about sanford, there really isn't much to it!

The downside is there's very little going on in the departure area. A far cry from MCO which feels so much more professional :lol:

Anyway, long as it gets us home safe hey?
  8. Wendy

Pleased to hear it :) Dolly Dodge eh :lol: I wonder what Terry calls his :lol:

You shouldn't have much longer until you start boarding and then you can put your headphones and read or get some sleep :)
  9. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I too haven`t really explored Champions Gate although [very unusual for me!] I do enjoy the Publix there in a strange sort of way. :lol:
    We also use the dry cleaners next door to Publix who are very inexpensive.
    The only other place that we have been to is when Ricardo and his DW took us for an excellent dinner at the hotel there a few years ago....the Omni? [not sure of its name.:unsure:]

I`m really glad that you are now coverted to the villa/driving issue Keith and hope that you had a pleasant journey home.