1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Pre-Trip The trip that almost got cancelled again

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Deafjeff, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Hello,

We have been doing some planning and I thought it would be nice to share it with you all :)

I am writing this with our hue lights on in the living room. It is in the colour of red, blue and white (USA Flag colours!)

We have managed to preorder our magic band. (After keeping chasing up with the Florida Masters finally got the reservation number we need) I am having red (I thought it remind me of Mickey) and Stephen decided to go for Green which I thought was very Maleficent!

The only issue we have with Animal Kingdom Lodge is the breakfast itself. We are trying to work out how much it will cost us to pay to have breakfast there everyday or so.

We decided that we will book Discovery Cove directly as opposed using the UK company in case they go bust etc.

We will buy our Halloween tickets when we are over there.

We will select our seats in about 6 days time :wiggle: We have decided not to seat in the bubble based on feedbacks from this forum. We are hoping to seat at the same location as previously which was the bulkhead. The leg room was amazing!

We decided to stay at the Hilton hotel so we are trying to find a good deal but base on our previous experience we rarely have much luck in getting a good deal.

I will be booking private lounge again so I can have a 'double' Jack Daniel. We are waiting for the right moment to buy our first class tickets to Gatwick. I told Stephen that I will buy small bottle of wine from M&S for us to have a drink on the train :)

Will be settling the bill at the end of July and it all good to go!

Oh we brought P20 at Sainsbury today and it was £16 so it was our first holiday purchase! I wanted to buy the britguide but I was told that a new edition will be published in August. I will wait for that and see if it is a new edition.

We are hoping to exchange our money in July/August depending on the exchange rate.

Cant think of anything thing to add at the moment.....

2. Deafjeff

Just to add that I am thinking of visiting NASA again.... is it worth it? I was told that it has changed so much from about 6/7 years ago. Anyone been recently?

3. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

Oh that sounds so exciting. I wouldn't bother going upstairs any more, we always go for the back seat downstairs, plenty of room and nearly always off the plane first. When you say private lounge, where about's is that? Do you mean the Clubhouse of is it the No 1 lounge. Whatever it is I feel quite envious and would love to be planning everything again. Have a fantastic time sorting out all your ADR's

4. Deafjeff

Hi,

It is Gatwick lounge and it has an open bar :) I agree re downstairs we prefer downstairs.

5. piglet

Jeff, have you thought about a little bit of luxury and booking the Virgin Clubhouse. You don't have to be travelling UC but you have to be over 12 ( do you fit that category LOL??) I think it's about £50 each and you get food, champagne, wine, more wine and it's a great experience. Always seems very quiet to me.

6. Deafjeff

Mmhhh we booked our holiday via different agency. Is it an open bar or unlimited drink? Do they monitor how many you had to drink?

7. piglet

It's not a bar as such, the waitresses (not sure if that's the right word 'cos they've all got the red uniform on) I would guess that as long as you weren't rolling around they will keep serving you. The food for breakfast is really good as well. I rang up Virgin and booked the clubhouse direct with them

8. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Do you know I never knew that you could pay to go in there, I just assumed it was for UC passengers as it's never very busy. It's a lovely relaxing way to wait for the flight and the complimentary hand massage was nice as well. You always have to pre-book in advance for that though, not sure if that is for UC passengers only though.

Jeff, there doesn't seem to be a limit on what you can eat or drink, but it's not like normal lounges, it's very quiet and I have never seen any children in there or anyone drinking too much. As Piglet said it is all waitress service, I've never seen anyone at the bar.

9. piglet

The massages are open to anyone who uses the clubhouse Wendy but you do have to book them. we were in there in March this year and grandson was allowed in as he was flying UC. It is such a lovely haven. I've paid a couple of times to go in when we were flying PE and I'm pretty sure it was £50 pp but that was about 4 years ago

10. Deafjeff

We are very interested in this however we like the open bar at Gatwick lounge hehe

11. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for the that, I never knew that at all, I've learnt something today :lol:

12. Deafjeff

We called Virgin and they appear to say that we can only turn up and pay if there is a room we can pay on the day. We are toying of going with No1 as they do free premium security. However, I am not sure if those who flying PE would be entitled to use premium security?

13. piglet

I'm pretty sure they would be entitled to premium security. We were when we went a couple of years ago. I personally wouldn't use No 1 lounge. Used it once about 4 years ago and vowed then I would never use it again. It was dirty, they wouldn't do what I wanted for breakfast, they tried to give the champagne that I had ordered to someone else and it was horrendously overcrowded.

14. Deafjeff

Thanks for that, think will avoid them then and go to Gatwick lounge.

15. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

I think he may just scrape in lol.

piglet likes this.