1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

There’s Darth Vader playing the violin – Day 10: Smithers – Quesnel

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by wickesy, Oct 20, 2008.

1. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

Today was one of those days where you just have to cross of the miles and get from A to B. We were up at 7:30, cases were collected at 8:00 and we were on the move by 9:00.

First stop was Houston where we bought some new flavoured Pringles: Cinnamon and sweet potato; sun-dried tomato, and Szechuan barbecue. We then went on to Fraser Lake where we stopped for lunch at a restaurant called Tony’s which is attached to a motel. I had a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and a root beer.

After lunch we stopped off in Prince George at Tim Horton’s (our tour manager was a big Tim Horton’s fan) where I had a double chocolate doughnut and a hot chocolate.

We arrived at our hotel in Quesnel (pronounced Kwinell), the Best Western Tower Inn, at 5:00 and again once the bags had been delivered to our room we followed our noses to the bar. They were doing a special offer where you bought four bottles of honey brown and got a free glass, so we had two bottles each, I had grilled chicken and prawns served on a bun and Dad had a chicken burger.

We rounded the night off with a large whisky each and were off to bed at 9:30.

Tomorrow: Gold rush!
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008