1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

There’s Darth Vader playing the violin – Day 3: Vancouver – Victoria

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by wickesy, Oct 18, 2008.

1. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

I was up at 7:00 this morning and after a cup of coffee we got washed and dressed. Our cases were collected from our room at 8:50 and by 9:30 we were back on the road again.

We made our way out of Vancouver and down to Tsawassen to catch the 11:30 ferry to Swartz Bay on Vancouver Island. Boarding began at 11:00 and Dad and I decided to make our way straight to the café to get some lunch before it got too busy. We both had smoked salmon rolls and a root beer and I also got a scone filled with cream cheese.

After we had eaten we went out on deck to admire the scenery although having moved out of the sun because it was too hot we soon found it was too blowy so we moved back inside for the rest of the 1 and a half hour crossing.

Once the ferry arrived we made our way down to Butchart Gardens, which are laid out on the site of an old cement quarry. Once work had finished at the quarry in 1904 the owner’s wife decided to make the site look more attractive and it has now become 55 acres of beautiful plants and flowers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We left the gardens at 3:30 and made our way to Victoria where we had a short orientation tour before going to our hotel, The Royal Scot Suites. The room here was fantastic with a separate kitchen area, seating area and the two beds were separated by a partition so it was almost like a 2 bedroom suite.

Once the cases had been delivered to the room we went for a quick stroll around the town looking in the shops on the way and then went up to the food court that I spotted in the shopping mall. I fancied some Mexican food so we both had burritos and root beer. Once we had eaten we went back to the hotel stopping off at the liquor store in the hotel opposite for some cans of honey brown and some nibbles.

After a quick drink we were both in bed again by 9:40.

Tomorrow: Free day in Victoria
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  2. lexie

lexie Earning my ears

What wonderful pictures!
  3. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

really amazing photographs looks like an incredible place