1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

There’s Darth Vader playing the violin – Day 4: Victoria

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by wickesy, Oct 18, 2008.

1. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

Today was our own so I had a lie-in and got up at 8:00. After washing, dressing and having a cup of coffee we were out by 8:30.

First stop was the float-plane docks to watch the planes coming and going and we had to laugh at one of the announcements: “The service to Vancouver is now boarding at Gate 1” There could only have been one gate anyway! :lol:

[​IMG]

Next up we had a walk around the shops before returning to the food court for a coffee and French toast. After eating we did some more shopping including stop offs for Dad to buy a new Tilley hat and for me to buy some more T-shirts from The Mountain range, a baseball cap, some Canadian wine and a new wine glass.

Once we had done enough walking we went back to the hotel for a short rest. Suitably refreshed we ventured out to Sam’s Deli where we both had a pastrami sandwich and can of beer.

From the deli we paid a visit to Miniature World which is an exhibition of small scale scenes of historic scenes such as the Civil War, World War II, the building of the railroad in Canada, London etc. There are also some fantasyland scenes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The last three are of Snow White and the seven dwarves in the mine.

After Miniature World we walked round to the BC Museum, which has a large native history section, which Dad was really interested in and they also had a temporary Titanic artefact exhibition, which was similar to but not as good as the one that we saw in Las Vegas last year.

From the museum we went back to the hotel for another rest before going out to a restaurant called Smitty’s for dinner, where I think we both had a burger and, what else, honey brown lager.

Tomorrow is (supposed to be) an early start so we were back at the hotel and in bed by 9:20

Tomorrow: Off to Campbell River (eventually)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008