1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Things I did not know about the Dining Plan...

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Beccaberry, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I know the Dining Plan in and of itself is a highly volatile issue, and by and large I agree with the complaints that most people vocalize. Having said that, I must admit, when it's offered for free I do love taking advantage of it. :thumbsup:

We will be doing just that in August, and I recently made our ADR's for the upcoming trip. Whilst doing a bit of research I learned a few things I hadn't known before, so I thought I'd share!

For instance did you know that:

• Table Service Credits for children 3-9 include an appetizer (as well as entree, dessert and beverage).
    • Breakfast Credits (Table & Counter) include both a juice AND another beverage (non-alcoholic).
    • While Cinderella's Royal Table *does* require 2 TSC, that also includes your gratuity, something not generally covered by Table Service Credits.
    • Gratuity is also included when using 2 TSC for one of the Dinner Shows (Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Mickey's Backyard BBQ).
    • You can also use TSC for Room Service. When ordering from the menu you are entitled to one entree, one dessert and one non-alcoholic beverage. (Children 3-9 are also entitled to an appetizer). For each meal ordered, 2 TSC will be redeemed from your plan. This also includes gratuity.
    • You can also use 2 Adult TSC for pizza delivery to your room. Each order consists of 1 pizza item, 2 non-alcoholic beverages and 2 desserts. Gratuity is also included.

So then, does anyone else have any Disney Dining Plan "Secrets" they'd care to share?
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Wow. Good info. I don't see myself using it, but it's nice to have it here to access.

Then again, free is silly to refuse, eh? ;)
  3. Beccaberry

Free is indeed hard to refuse...especially when it allows to make two trips w/ my family vs. one :)

Doesn't mean I don't do my fare share of complaining though ;-)
  4. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

When we used one of the counter service credits for a combo meal I always asked for fruit instead of the included dessert. It doesn't tell you that anywhere but there was never any problem. :thumbsup:
  5. Beccaberry

OOH! Excellent...I've not found myself a fan of many of the Counter Service desserts.
  6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

super tips!! :)
  7. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave: When it's free, it means you can eat off site once in awhile without any guilt about the money you would spend!!
  8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

:yes: Free is a good thing! :D

Nice tip about the fruit. :yes:
  9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Yes, you can get fruit if they have it. I usually get the fruit when dining at the resort food court.