1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

things to do at seaworld?

Discussion in 'SeaWorld/Discovery Cove/Aquatica' started by Disfan, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

Is it just shamu and a playground as a coworker said or is there a lot more to it?

2. Tink in Pink

Tink in Pink Earning my ears

there is quite a few shows, a few rides and lots of fishy things to see, quite a nice relaxing sort of day

3. CC71

CC71 Earning my ears

We love Seaworld, it is a change of pace from the Disney parks and Universal but that can be very welcome if you're feeling a bit maxxed out! A very scenic park with nice eateries; try the Shark Underwater Grill or Dine with Shamu (prebooking very advisable for this) A great experience, as you go backstage to one of the training pools and watch a trainer with one of the Orcas whilst seated at your buffet table. Buffet is very nice and you are seated very close to the water. A trainer comes to each table to chat and answer questions too. Our party of six (all ages) really enjoyed this experience. Aside from extra paid for experiences, Sea World focuses on various shows and animal exhibits, there aren't many rides although Kraken and Atlantis are good fun. The Polar Explorer simulator is also worth a go, if you don't like simulators you can walk through to the exhibit area and see Polar Bears,Belugas and walruses. This exhibit is themed really well and these creatures are fsacinating to observe. As you can probably tell, we love Seaworld and are a bit biased but give it a go you might love it too:p015:

4. lexie

lexie Earning my ears

For us it's not a full day but there still is plenty there

5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I find that the best option at Seaworld is to pick up a show time guide as soon as you enter the park.
    You will find that you will be able to see all of the shows in order and also have some free time to wander around the place at your leisure.
    Make sure to see the warm up mime artist at the Sea Lion and Otter show, he is hilarious.
    I`d set aside most of the day to see everything.

6. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Its one of the best days of the holiday for us we absolutely love it there - seems more than enough to occupy a whole day for us and often we don't make it to all the shows. Certainly more than a whale and a playground!!

7. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Seaworld is top of my list. I love it. It's really, really good, and I think I like it even more because it's geared towards conservation, which gets extra brownie points in my book.

8. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Earning my ears

seaworld is a great place and perfect for your first full day ..... quiet, relaxing, no long queues and a cpl of very exciting rides not to mention the breathtaking shows .......

9. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

completely agree with that! It's really relaxing

10. buzzchamp

buzzchamp Imagineer

What are the shows here Gazpacho? I only know about the Shamu one?

11. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Herself told me over dinner tonight that she'd read that the new owners of Seaworld were closing it soon (within a month) to take out the free beer and redo that pavilion.They'll reopen when done.

Has anyone else heard about this? :unsure: