1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Things to do at the polynesian?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disneymom, Jun 28, 2009.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Hiya what is there to do at the polynesian? we've already booked the luau and really excited about that although no idea where it's held :lol:

What else should we book or look out for at the resort? thanks :hug2:
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We stayed at the resort in August of 2008 (special birthday) and were upgraded to concierge.

It was a lovely surprise and we really enjoyed the concierge level snacks and appetizer type foods.

There is a lively air about the resort, and we enjoyed the beach and the hammocks. :yes: You can rent water craft there, too.

One serious drawback for us was the lack of a hot tub. We look forward to using hot tubs when we stay at resorts (after a swim it's great to soak, etc.) and were really surprised to find that a deluxe resort did not have one.

There are of course, the character meals at 'Ohana. And sometimes there is live entertainment just outside the lounge (on the second level of the main building).
  3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I just like sitting in the lounge upstairs and watching the ducks outside.

They also have watercraft you can rent.
  4. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

The Poly is all about relaxation. We enjoy sitting in the hammocks, walking the grouds at twilight while the tiki torches are lit and just sitting in the Great Ceremonial House and people watch. :yes:
  5. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

I agree with that :yes: it;s wonderful to walk around at twilight and also watching the water pageant from the beach
  6. yeatman

yeatman Earning my ears

The Luau is easy to find. It is in back of the resort just ask any of the hotel reps. I think there are signs posted also.

If you realy want a good view of the world go over to the Contemporary. You can reach it via the monorail system. Behind the resort you can do all kinds of water sports. My son and I went tandem parasailing and it was wonderful. We could see the MK and juswt about everything else. It was not scary at all and the staff was grat. It was well worth the money. and my son loved it. We had pictures taken and my son was so excite to show them to his friends. What a memory we were able to share!