Three days enough?

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort and California Adventure' started by Oreo, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

We have pretty much decided on our hotel for Vegas (just need to decide what month we go).

We are thinking of doing a two night three day stay at Disney. We are hoping we can stop at a Disney hotel however I don't think it is as important to us like it would be in Disney World.

Do you think 3 days will be enough time to do everything at Disney? I don't really want to rush around, but don't want it to eat to much into the holiday as well.

This is assuming that we are going in September and I understand we might need an extra day if we go another time of year.

We are also thinking of adding a day at Universal while we are there also.

2. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    3 days nowhere near long enough for me at Disney... although actually just about the right length of time for me at Vegas!

3. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

It's a fine balance isn't it?

We are thinking 4 nights 5 days in vegas (as one day will be the wedding day) and some people tell us it won't be long enough and others have said it's soo long.

I'm not too worried about having too many days in Disney as I will always find things to do but I don't want to have to feel rushed.

However, it would give us a reason to go back in the future.

4. keith

Home Page:
    that's PERFECT for Vegas :) I mean sure, there's stuff you can keep doing for more days but it's full on and intense which is just how it should be, but a full week is a bit much for me. I like to leave Vegas after a few days wanting to go back. When I've been for a week, I always feel fed up with it for a while

yeah totally know what you mean. I think 1 day universal is cool, 3 at disney just needs planning to make sure you do the things you REALLY want to do :yes: Especially with the FP+ stuff out there now

5. uscwest

uscwest Well-Known Member

We did Disneyland on 3 days over memorial day weekend during the 50th anniversary and were able to do everything we wanted. It was very crowded.

6. keith

Home Page:
    ah good point USC I was thinking DW not DL.... less there so perhaps more doable in those days

7. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Well I think 3 days in Disneyland is more than enough. You have to remember that it is nowhere near as large as it is in Orlando.

Disneyland has the old system of just the FastPass.

You won't encounter MagicBands there either.

It is a completely different experience in Disneyland, you have the main Disneyland Park on one side and the California Adventure on the other side. Basically, you have to walk out of one park and then go through the turnstile to get into the other.

Vegas, well we were there for 4 days I think and we got bored, we went to the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam and did some driving around the area in the end. It was September and the temperature was skin tingling hot, now I am fine in the sun, but I burnt, so make sure you take a high sunscreen.

Vegas itself is amazing, but we don't gamble and after a while once you have been round some of the amazing hotels, you get a little fed up. The evenings are interesting, when you walk down the strip, you there will be loads of me handing out cards to people advertising some rather umm, naughty places.

There are some amazing shows to see but they can be very expensive. I've got an old DVD of Vegas that we bought when we were there, I can copy it and send you a copy if you like. It will give you a bit of an idea, just pm me you address if you want a copy :)

8. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

Naughty places? I dread to think! lol

That would be wonderful. I will send you a PM. Thank you :)