Thursday.... Shopping time!

Discussion in 'Trip Report Indexes' started by Deafjeff, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Active Member

Training and Development Manager
    Today we had set aside for the malls, so after a swift breakfast (getting a bit fed up of eating too much every day so we opted for something marginally smaller).

Used Uber car services instead of the yellow taxis. Overall a very good service. Used the app and within five minutes someone was already with us. We used this service three times in total today, and each time the service was great. Only slightly disappointed that we didn't get groped by someone, as was highlighted in the news last night. Whoops.

First up- Florida Mall. Has only changed slightly since we were there last. Queued up outside Apple for our first look at the new iPhone 6/6+. Very nice. We are both going to switch to the 6+. Slightly more disappointed that they had none in stock, but that's to be expected.

Compare these two photos: both taken a few minutes after each shop had opened. Apple vs Microsoft:

View attachment 18316

View attachment 18317

Collapsed into giggles halfway round the mall. You Americans should be really careful about how you use English. In the UK if this was on a poster you'd have all sorts of disappointed people expecting to see one thing on the website, only to discover it's something else:

View attachment 18318

Bought some clothes, Stephen marginally more successful in finding stuff he likes.

Quick race around the food court to see how many free tasters we can grab.... Sufficient enough to fuel us for an extra hour.

More shopping, including here:

View attachment 18319

Lunch back at the food court, and feeling ever so slightly full before a little more shopping and then heading off to Mall at Millenia. We had a pleasant surprise to see that our transport to the mall was white BMW X5 which is appropriate car to arrive at the mall :)

Much better looking place this. Bit more classy, so of course I feel right at home. Lots of shops similar to the other mall but then in the designer section I get to look at bags in Louis Vitton and Gucci. If only I had a spare $1200 for a man bag (!).

Good look around the Mall, and finished off here:

View attachment 18321

View attachment 18322

View attachment 18323

It was a lemon and raspberry cheesecake and very nice it was too.

Back to the hotel again via Uber. Still didn't get groped. Sigh.

Comparing prices, with Uber we spent the same amount of money on three journeys than if we had only done two journeys in a yellow cab.
    Oh.... And interestingly our first driver was telling us..... Those who drive yellow cabs with Checker Cabs have to lease their cars to the tune of $945 per week! Per WEEK! That's crazy! Uber drivers get charged 20% of their total fare, with no lease arrangement, but on the flip side have to be ticket free for the last three years.

Dinner at Boma, lovely again, though pretty much the same food we had the other night. Crashed out in the hotel room for the rest of the evening, just in time to watch the first episode of season 4 of Scandal! Whoop!

Tomorrow - water park and Epcot again. Hopefully Stephen won't be lying on the floor waiting for test track this time :) however I have plenty of crisps to bribe him.

Attached Files:

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Oh my that cheesescake... slurps.... looks delicious. Fabulous pics. Couldn't help snickering at the Microsoft store.

3. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Active Member

Teacher/planetarium director
    Great report guys! You look like you are having a blast.

4. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I love the Cheesecake Factory but I don't like their cheesecakes :lol: they are too heavy and gloopy for me :)

5. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Active Member

Teacher/planetarium director
    You say gloopy like it is a bad thing?! heh:tongue:

6. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    What a contrast between the Apple and Microsoft stores!

I love that you were disappointed you didn't get groped! :D

7. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The very first thing I thought when I read that you had used Uber was, "Good grief, I hope they didn't get molested," and here you are bemoaning the fact! :lol: Love you two, I really and truly do.

Looks like you had a good day shopping. Did you get across the street from MM to Target? What did you end up buying, surely something more than that heavy, gooey cheesecake!? (I'm with Wendy on that one. There's a surprise)! :D

Did you know you can take a Pedi-Cab on I Drive and the only charge is whatever you choose to tip them? I just learned about that today!

8. Clarkkent

Clarkkent Member

Sign Language Interpreter
    Didn't get across to target. Given that we'd spent six hours shopping I think we were just about shopped out. Basically bought some clothes and bits and pieces from various shops. We didn't spend anywhere near our budget for the day. So we will just have to back to Disney and spend the money there instead. :)

9. Esmeralda

What's a pedi cab? and why are you likely to get molested in a Uber cab?

10. Tink

A Pedi-Cab is essentially a bicycle with a large seat where the passenger sits, while the "driver" pedals the bike and carries the passenger to wherever.
    Just yesterday an Uber driver was accused of groping a passenger. It was on the evening news.

11. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

:lol: it is :lol:

12. Tink

13. Esmeralda

Thank you.