1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Ticket Help

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by AbbyAddiesmom09, Jan 27, 2010.

1. AbbyAddiesmom09

AbbyAddiesmom09 Earning my ears

Ok so I was pricing out tickets for our September trip to Disney and this is what I found

For 2 adults and 1 child 4 day tickets w/ park hopper was $545
    but if I got the FL resident weekday select pass it is only $487

what I'm wondering is, can I find a better deal than $487? We have AAA but their website was acting weird and I couldn't price out tickets so is it really worth the hassle? $487 sounds pretty good for 2 adults and 1 child, right? I saw they had the 4 day/4 park pass for $99 but we really want to be able to park hop...could we add that option on? and how much?

The other question is for universal/IOA.....any tips for good prices there? We had said we would go 1 day but now I'm thinking we might need to spend 2 days just so we don't miss out on anything, cause I'm sure even in September that place will be packed due to the harry potter part opening this year. Part of me wants to think it will have phased out by then but I want to be prepared just in case its still crazy lol I'd like to do both parks but if we have to cut anything it will be universal. I really liked IOA when I went and can't wait for my hubby to experience it.

Any help or tips is greatly appreciated!!!

2. Themouseexperts

Themouseexperts Earning my ears

You can upgrade the 4 day pass to a hopper for $25 per ticket

3. Themouseexperts

oops see applicable dates...You can use your 4-Day Dream Pass any 4 days of your choosing between now and 3/26/10 and 4/10 - 5/25/10 - blockout dates 3/27 - 4/9/10.* And Florida Residents can add the Park Hopper Option and the Water Park Fun & More Option to enjoy even more flexibility.

4. AbbyAddiesmom09

darn! oh well....it would have been a great price lol

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

AAA provides about a 10% discount. Essentially you save a bit more than taxes.

Tickets are expensive, aren't they? :sigh: Is there any chance that you'll be back again in a 12 month period? Actually a 15 month period? The annual pass is the best deal, and lasts for 15 months right now (special promotion). If you plan on going to the park at least 8 days (or maybe 10, I honestly don't remember) you break even, and each day after that it reduces the cost even more. Plus, you get free parking, and a bunch of discounts, some on food, some on merchadise, extra things like miniature golf and other special things... they can be a really smart purchase IF you are going to be able to use them. :yes:

There is the Florida Resident Seasonal AP, but that is only good for about 180 days out of the year, so we've never used that one.

6. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I have to agree with Tink. If you plan on coming back a couple times within 15 months, I would go with an annual pass. It costs more up front but they eventually pay for themselves even if you only go twice.

With the passes, you get admission to all 4 parks. Also, you can park hop. You don't have to purchase a separate park hopper pass.

I actually have the FL Resident Seasonal Pass which is an annual pass but I'm blocked out for "spring break", June & July, and a couple weeks around Christmas and New Year's. However, these are peak times when the parks aren't all that great anyway.

Also, if you are a passholder you can get great discounts on rooms (among other things). I can usually get a Value Resort room for around $59-$89 per night.

7. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I shouldn't say the parks aren't great at peak times. A lot of families prefer (obviously) to go during the summer.

Also, the parks are REALLY fun during the holidays. Snow, hot chocolate, all the fun decorations...

The crowds, however, are NOT fun. I would love to go to Epcot for New Year's Eve but I think I would go postal in that type of crowd.

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You just don't stay for the whole thing. :yes: We go for as long as we can stand it (never more than a few hours, four at the most as I recall) and then leave. We always have something else planned, whether we are staying on site or going home. :yes:

9. AbbyAddiesmom09

so is the FL resident weekday select pass considered an annual pass? Do we get the free parking and such with it?

10. AbbyAddiesmom09

how much is parking now?

11. Themouseexperts

Parking is $14 a day