1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

ticket question

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by Britchick, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

if i get 14 days tickets at WDW as a package through UK site does the 14 days start when i check in or when i first go to a park?

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Mine didn't work out very well :( when we bought the package from disney.co.uk it said that we'd get the tickets at check in but they hadnt been assigned to our reservation number :/ took a good 2-3 days to work out!

SO in other words, I can't be totally sure but originally they told me that the tickets would be activated on the day we checked in and would only remain valid for 14 nights.

Whether that's right or not as I say, hard for me to tell, but if it is right, you may be able to purchase an upgrade to "non-expiry" which would mean the days wouldn't expire if not used at a park
  3. Britchick

i assume you were adequately compensated Keith! i understand mistakes happening but 2-3 days to sort out?
  4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

frankly not really no :( it was pretty poor. Each day they told us to go to guest services and they gave us both 1 day tickets for that day (big deal) but it was a bit of a nightmare in truth.

The first day we checked in, we were there for 2 hours rather than the usual 10mins or so whilst the lady got more and more flustered trying to find the tickets on the reservation. She was muttering "the UK never do these properly" and so on. I tried not to be my sarcastic self and let it all go but eventually said to her look, I didn't order from some back street uk discount place it's disney.co.uk you know the same company as you? oh gawd, was THAT ever the wrong thing to say. She stopped DOING anything to spend 20 minutes explaining that to disney US, disney uk is just like a foreign travel agent and that's why the systems don't tie up and blah blah blah.

Anyway she ended up telling us to go to guest services the next day. We did, they knew nothing about it. So, we had to go through the whole thing again with them.
    "so you bought the holiday then you were told to buy tickets over here?"
    no, we bought the whole thing, including tickets from disney.co.uk
    "but there are no tickets on this reservation sir"
    indeed, that's the problem but here's the purchase confirmation showing we bought and paid for the tickets. Over to you.
    "well they're not on our system"
    yep, that's something we'll need fixed

She couldn't get through to wherever she needed to and so SHE started getting flustered too. I said look we've been here an hour now and want to get going, can you just give us the tickets which we've so clearly paid for and sort out your admin in your time not mine?

Anyway, finally got resort manager to come out of hiding in the back room and she at least gave us single day tickets so we could get going.

Thing is, we came back the next day, same problem. Nothing sorted, new staff, whole thing again.

Anyway finally got the tickets but it was all very much "look we can't find them on the system but doing you a favour here they are" kinda deal :(
  5. cloud

cloud Earning my ears

The first time you go to a park they will finger scan you on producing your ticket then your 14days start from then.
  6. Britchick

:thumbsdown:that's not good!
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Keith, I swear I don't know how you mind your temper. I never could with something like that. :sigh:

"This is completely UNACCEPTABLE and you'll have to go NOW and find someone who can correct this situation IMMEDIATELY!" And that would be the kindest part. :sorry: :embarassed:
  8. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Makes mental note to never tick off Keef and Tink.........:worship:

I've always known the tickets to start like Cloud says... on the day you get your finger scanned. (or in my case my big toe, just cos I like to be different ;) )
  9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Now that is some kinda' visual Helly, I must say... :eek:
  10. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Lol... I woke up madder than usual today.