1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

tickets at disney or buy before?

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by disneymom, Jul 26, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

We were wondering with the exchange rate uk to us being good if it was worth buying tickets before we go or should we just buy them at the front desk to save time?

2. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

I bought mine with the package...but I live here in the states so umm Im of no help am i?

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

We tend to wait but that's because we get Annual Passes and it just seems easier to get them over there

If you buy from a US ticket place you'll still get the benefit of the exchange rate and can be all sorted out before you go!

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We always buy before we go....from OTD.
    Keith, with an AP.....if I bought ours now, am I correct in thinking that you are sent a voucher in the post and you swap this for the AP's on your first visit to a park or GR. So.....the pass doesn't actually start until you enter a park. :confused:

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

To be honest, we've only ever bought our APs over there so I dont know for SURE but that's the way I think it works yep! you get a voucher, swap it at Guest Relations outside the first park you go to and it goes from that day

6. dzneeprincss

dzneeprincss Earning my ears

If you buy an AP now and get it in the post it will not be activated until you use it the first time but if you want to renew it it has to be renewed by the anniversary of the first date you activated it.

Also if you purchase the tickets in advance they do cost less than buying them at the gate (these are the MYW not the APs)

7. candygirl

candygirl Earning my ears

From the UK definately buy before you go you even save on regular MYW tix let alone the ultimate tix which aren't available over there.

AP - for my first one I pre ordered it and got a lime green voucher in the post but I needed it back then to book a DDE card. Now i just buy one at the gate it's just as easy tbh and you don't part with your money until the last minute. My current AP is dated from the day i bought it but the previous exchange voucher activated from date of exchange so I suppose technically it's the date you exchange rather than go through the park gate iykwim suppose generally the two go hand in hand?

8. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

im getting our 14 day ultimates in a few days so defo before i go

we did last time order from mapleleaf and needed more so we just popped into their office on the 192 so you could leave it til you go and get more interest on your money

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008