1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Times Square Disney Store

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by BUTTERHEAD1, Nov 14, 2010.

1. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

Yesterday my daughter and myself acted like tourists and went to Times Square. We had ice cream at a place called Ellens Stardust Diner. Its a fun place where aspiring actors take turns singing showtunes. My daughter loves the place. After leaving Ellens we walked into the heart of Times Square and the Disney Store was now officially open for business. We went in and took a peak around. It is very big but not quite as big as the World Of Disney that is now closed. The first floor had a lot of NYC Disney merchandise and candy and other things. The second floor is a long escalade ride up and this is where the action is. There is Marvel Comic area which was nice to see. Next up was a CARS movie section where you can put together your own remote contro cars from the movie.The next area was a big white gazebo where there is a big screen showing Disney Clips. Inside that area were a bunch of kids coloring Disney characters while watching the clips. The next area was a Princess section which you enter by walking through a castle inside this area was Princess merchandise. On the walls were a few interactive Magic Mirrors on the Wall. We left that section and there was a Big Mickey mouse Playhouse where kids could enter. Its a cool store but I think I still like the old World of Disney store better. After leaving the Disney store we went to the huge Toys R Us store next store and then headed over to FAO Schwartz store. My daughter took this time to make her Christmas Wish list.

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

That sounds like such a good time!

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

What? No visit to Dean and DeLuca? :wink: Seriously, it sounds like a lovely day into the heart of Manhattan. Thanks for sharing it with us! :yes:

I'm off to deal with my homesickness now. :sigh:

4. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Sounds like a fun day but I think it will be expensive for you as Chriatmas approaches :yes:

I absolutely loved New York and can't wait to return. In fact, I said to Jai just yesterday, " Please take me back to New York" no chance for us though for a while but I look at my photo's often.

We're getting a couple put onto canvas - the trickey part is choosing which ones...

Sandra

5. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

wow miss New York too!!!!! sob! sob!