1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Today in Disney History: Casey's Corner

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Wendy, May 27, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Casey’s Corner is easily one of the Magic Kingdom's guests’ favorite quick-service eateries, possibly even on all of Walt Disney World property.

This baseball-themed hotdog shop opened at Magic Kingdom Park on May 27, 1995. Its name is a nod to the famous baseball poem, “Casey at the Bat,” which was penned by Ernest Thayer in 1888 (a tiny reference to this date was incorporated into the shop’s signage, as seen in the photo above).

Casey’s Corner currently sells traditional hot dogs, as well as a selection of “designer dogs” – chili dogs, Chicago-style dogs, and BBQ pork slaw dogs. Other menu items include corn dog nuggets, and ballpark nachos with chili and cheese.

The restaurant offers a small in-door seating area where guests can down a dog on bleacher seats, while watching baseball-themed Disney short films.

It also offers outdoor seating that lets families dine while enjoying the sights and sounds of the Magic Kingdom Park, including ragtime music from a live pianist, as well as views of passing parades and nighttime fireworks.

Is Casey’s Corner a home run for you?

caseys-corner.jpg

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I just love Caseys and think the hot dogs are delicious! Always a must do!:yes:

3. Wendy

I've never had one, I don't like the smell :lol:

4. foreverducky

Squeeze your nose and take a big bite. :lol: They are truly delicious. I get just a plain ol' dog. Yummy!

5. Wendy

:lol: Maybe Chris can have one and I'll try it :unsure: but I would want lots of ketchup :lol:

6. foreverducky

No ketchup on mine, I really do like them plain.