Toy Story Mania now Fastpass + only ride

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World and Disney Springs' started by DisneyFreak, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ah, yes. :yes: That's the one we used to get. :yes: Includes free parking.

2. Dawn

Dawn New Member

I guess if you are standing in a line for an hour then you are not in a shop or restaurant spending money.

We save for years to be able to afford our Disney trips. They cost us a lot of money coming from the UK. Little by little the fun is being chipped away.

I remember when...

You could walk into a park and decide "maybe we'll have lunch in this restaurant" and walk to the restaurant and they'd give you a time for lunch. There were no fast passes, everyone was in the same boat and we picked and chose what rides and shows we would do based on that.

My holiday is supposed to be a chance to unwind and distress and just be spontaneous. There's enough planning in real life already, I need to leave that all behind when I'm on - a very costly - 2 week holiday. Now I'm faced with the prospect of even having to pick and choose what ride I want to do at what time on what day. And even worse. I'm one of those dreaded off-site pariahs.

I think we'll go to Cyprus next year.

3. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    I really agree with this, it's all getting too much.

It's already at the point where we have to book which restaurants we want to eat at six months out and onsite folks getting priority on those means that it's already slim pickings. That kinda means deciding which parks we're going to, and now we're even going to have to book for which rides at which time :/

I can see how it works out great for Disney but for those of us who like to relax and take it as it comes, not so much.

4. Tink

Not only do you have to plan your Fast Passes, but you'd better know the park layout or you'll be running to and fro like a crazy person. Also, you never really do know how long it's going to take to do the FP attraction so be sure to allow for time in between. t

I guess there is no problem with the way things are now, it's just not so much for me. :shrug: There are many others who still do, and will come to love it.

5. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak New Member

Accounting Manager
    Not mention on top of all of this it's going to get harder to do vacations with larger groups, multiple families, etc.

I honestly am beginning to think 2014/2015 is going to be my last WDW trips until at least the 50th anniversary in 2021 even though I only live 2.5 hours away by car.

6. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I find that really sad, you have grown up with WDW and are made to feel this way. I think they really need to show loyal people like you that they appreciate them. After all it was the local residents that kept WDW going after 9/11 and in the slow times and Disney really need to think about this carefully.

If they want Guests that come once rather than regular Guests then so be it, pure greed seems to be taking away the spontaneity and magical experience we have all experienced at WDW. I wish things could go back to the way they were but sadly this is just a pipe dream and Disney sees the way things are now as "progress" :(

7. Tink

We were without APs for half a year once when we first moved to Florida. It was before jobs. This is our first year without them. It hasn't been a full year yet, and we did go in on the day passes.

I just don't know. I feel awful, like I'm a traitor or something, but the last time we were there (MK) it was a truly miserable experience. :sorry: Now, keep in mind, that was because of the FP system and because we were not allowed to sit at counter service places with our carried in lunch. :redface: Talk about embarrassing.

8. deedee73

deedee73 Member

I totally agree with everything you are saying. This will be my first trip to WDW since 2007 & this will be the first time using the fast passes & only bc we are basically required to if we want to ride anything. My problem is I will be traveling with my son who will be a little more than 3 years old when we visit. God only knows what will peak his interest or when he will awake or shut down for the day. But bc of the new system I have to figure it out & then either convince a toddler what we are doing or possibly miss out bc he may have found something that truly has brought him magic.

9. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi Deedee73 and welcome to Secrets.

I can imagine it will be very difficult making FP+s with a 3 year old, I'm sure someone will be able to help you :)

10. Figment

Figment New Member

I sat up until midnight last night because our 60 day window opened today. (Jordan wants to meet Elsa and Anna and I knew I needed to get on right away.) Our first day planned in MK is Friday 12/12...when i checked last night there were NO fastpass + left for the meet and greet, the MSEP or the FoF parade! Luckily, I was able to get them scheduled for the 16th, but I'm sure had I waited til this morning I would have been out of luck.

11. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

I think it works same as ADRs and you can book your fastpasses at 60 days plus 10. So if your going for a 10 day holiday for example you can book all 10 days worth at 60 days before your first day.

12. Tink

It's great to hear you were able to make the ADRs, Figment! :yes: No matter how old they get, we still want our children to meet the characters of their choosing, don't we?

13. uscwest

uscwest Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I couldn't book at the 60+10 but was able to book all at the 60 day mark.

14. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

I'm sure it allowed us to book fastpasses for 10 of our 14 days at 60 days.

I will double check with Jess as she did them all but I'm pretty sure she didn't log on each day.

Or maybe she did.