1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Travel City Direct!

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Kate, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Well, what can i say - this company seem to be useless!!!!
    We have changed our booking to another hotel after reading reviews on the monumental movieland, now our booking was pretty straight forward, but it seemed to take them forever to do, practically a whole day all in all. Now, they were changing my brothers booking over too, his was a bit more complicated and they were useless - just seemed to keep wanting to charge him extra for this, that and the other! I told him not to pay anything extra - there was no need (apart from the charges we already knew). I gave him an email address of a contact in Virgin and she got the hotel sorted out straight away (this was after waiting for the 2nd day for TCD to sort it out plus a whole load of charges ontop!). So then as we were booking their flight seats i noticed that one of their party were on an entirely different flight!!! So, my brother phones tcd and they said oh yes, we can change her over but thats a charge of.....! So after saying no im not paying he was told to take it up with Virgin, i told him to email the lady again who got it sorted out straight away with no extra charges - unbelievable!
    Ontop of all that, tcd never phoned back when they said they would, my brother called them at 6.45pm and they were shut when they are supposed to be open at 9, and thats just the start! :thumbsdown:

So, if you go with TCD just make sure you have everything sorted out at the very beginning!!!

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yep :( I'm afraid so. It's like the old tcd staff have been retained and are just useless?

I booked with TCD because for exactly the same holiday they were several hundred cheaper than virgin whilst the same virgin flights, disney hotel etc.

I noticed I couldnt login to see the booking on either theirs or virgins site. Called tcd who cut me off several times, didnt get back to me and when I did speak to them they sounded half asleep/useless.

Anyway one evening in the middle of being fairly fed up, I accidently followed a help link through to virgin holidays and emailed a complaint. I didnt realise it was Vh until the next morning when I felt like a prat! Anyway I received an email from them and expected it to say "you idiot, you booked with tcd not virgin" because you know, same company but yet not if you know what I mean.

Anyway, email said we're working on it for you and will phone you in the next few minutes. VERY nice lady from virgin holidays phoned, explained they were on a new booking system which unfortunately didnt have an online login and they'd changed the system to prevent people who hadnt paid the whole amount booking the plane seat positions. I was about to moan but she said, but we've spoken to our colleagues at TCD and virgin atlantic and have booked your seats for you. Online checkin we're assured will be ok because you'll have paid the holiday balance by that time and so will be able to login.

She really seemed to care and know it all v TCD who didn't care and knew nothing :/

For the hassle and weirdness, I won't use them again. I'd rather pay the extra and have it all sorted out properly with people to talk to when it goes wrong.

3. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

your right kate they sound like a bunch of useless s and so's

4. tb2830

tb2830 Addicted to Mickey

now im the opposite before they went bust i flew twice with them i had no problems whatsoever

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I get the feeling as long as you book what you want, dont change, no problems - everything will work just fine.

It's only when I interacted with them I thought HMMMMMMMMMMM

6. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Exactly - aslong as everything is ok and you've no reason to contact them then you will be absolutely fine!
    If you do book anything through them and theres a mistake its quicker to go straight to Virgin to get the problem sorted out. That said though, i told my brother to phone virgin when the problems were going on and they said they couldnt help cus it was TCD, but when we emailed virgin they were happy to help and sorted it out straight away.

I would book with them again, but thats just cus it could mean the difference between going on holiday and not, virgin seem to be quite a bit dearer than them

7. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

i cant get a good quote from them anyway, same as VH to expensive to what i pay for the same but VA flights

8. Scott1066

Scott1066 Earning my ears

After also changing from hotel Monumental Movieland with TCD. I was firstly impressed by being able to change from the hotel and into a Villa in Kissimmee relatively cheaply. The length of time on the phone was unbelievable. Everytime I asked a different question the guy had to go away and ask someone else. I asked him if he could ring me back and they couldn't. Anyway al sorted now