1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Travel day

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Isafari, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Ok, not exactly a trip report but a few notes from our first day.

Saturday...flight day
    We had travelled to Glasgow airport last night and were staying next to the airport car park. My eyes opened at 4.55am. Pop...wide open. There was no way I was going back to sleep so I jumped in the shower and by the time I come out of the bathroom, hubby is awake too.
    We do our little 'we're going to Florida dance' and get ourselves ready before popping down for breakfast.

There isn't a lot to do at Glasgow airport but we head over there fairly early. Online check in was done before we left home yesterday so we just have to go to bagdrop. Regular check in line was shorter!

Customs was a breeze and practically empty. We weren't asked to turn on any of our gadgets or even remove our shoes. Our flight takes off about 20 minutes late and we are in the economy section of the bubble.

When we land at MCO it is 96 degrees and dry. There are around 20 people in front of us in customs and everyone who has been to the USA previously are directed to the machines to read passports etc. our machine breaks down and we have to join the queue to speak to a real person!

We are called forward and at that precise moment my carry on bag which hubby is kindly carrying for me starts to vibrate and buzz! His eyes open as wide as saucers and he practically throws the bag at me shouting " something's buzzing in YOUR bag" the customs officer signals to another officer and I am red faced, calling out "it's just my electric toothbrush" they see the funny side when I take it out of my bag....that thing sure is noisy when the holder is on the toothbrush head.

Our cases are nowhere to be seen ..... Then we spot them on the PE section. Maybe this is because we were in the bubble...not sure.

We go for our car and our pal Darleen is on the counter. She spots us and calls us over to her side of the booth. She once again threatens to come over to the UK and see our castles and we tell her our spare room is still available. We are very kindly given an upgrade with our car and after a hug from Darleen, we are on our way.

It is around 2.30pm and we head straight to a place called Dick's just off the I4 junction 55. We are after a fishing license for hubby and he also buys a reel/rod/tackle set. It would be rude not to check out JC Penny's for their bags so I have a little gander.

Next up is Publix for a few essentials and then we go to Chiles for dinner. We have got to know a few of the staff here too and are pleased to see Richard and Christine are both working tonight.

It,s been a long day and we have been awake 24 hours so we head back to unpack and have a fairly early night.....we take no rocking!

sarah, Dizneyblonde and keith like this.
  2. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I'd have loved to have seen the toothpaste incident, it sounds hilarious!

I love the idea of your 'we're going to Florida dance'!

sarah likes this.
  3. Isafari

The dance is far from cool but it works for us!
    We did laugh about it quite a lot while waiting for our cases but at the time it was heart stopping for me ..... the toothbrush had brilliant timing.

4. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Glad you both arrived safe. Any chance of video demonstration of your dance?!

sarah likes this.
  5. Isafari

Erm.....that would be a no! :lol:

6. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I'm amazed that the customs officers had a sense of humor :)

sarah likes this.
  7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

The toothbrush incident is funny. Would love to have seen a video of it or the look on the customs agent's face.

sarah likes this.
  8. sarah

sarah Addicted to Mickey

Oh what a shame I'd like to see that too x

9. sarah

sarah Addicted to Mickey

Enjoyed your trip report