1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Travel Insurance

Discussion in 'General' started by Kate, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Am starting to look at prices for travel insurance and was wondering what you all look for when you purchase yours?

Im always a bit iffy about going with a name that i dont know, just pulled up a list on moneysavingexpert and i dont know alot of them!

Also, when we went in 2005 we had to call a dr out to my husband who had an allergic reaction to something, we had a bit of trouble getting the insurance company to pay up (it was booked through the travel agents), luckily though i kept every single bit of information that i had at that time and it was evenutually sorted out. But, we didnt have to pay an excess and it seems that all of the companys are stating that theres an excess to pay if medical treatment is needed - some of them are quite high too!

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

Look for repatriation back to the UK if you need it, some policies don't cover it and it will be costly if you need it. Lost/damaged luggage, the airline and travel agency going belly up and now the ash cloud. Medical cover for the USA is a must.