1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Traveller's cheques or prepaid travel card?

Discussion in 'General' started by disnut, Mar 28, 2011.

1. disnut

disnut Imagineer

What is the best way of taking dollars to the USA for a holiday? Travellers cheques feel safe because they will be replaced but are they still generally accepted in stores, restaurants, etc?

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

T/Cs are widely accepted throughout Florida.
    You will probably be asked for some form of I.D. when you spend them...a UK driving licence should be ok to save you lugging your passport around with you.

3. Coolape

Coolape Addicted to Mickey

I've always used a pre-paid credit card, usually get a slightly better rate too..
    Caxton FX is the company I have the account with, no monthly fee's, and no ATM withdrawal fee's, No usage fee's either..

I have 1 Euro Master Card and 1 Dollar Master card with them. Im going to be using my euro card in may for Disneyland Paris.

4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I always feel that my money is safer in travellers cheques and a small amount of cash. I can also use my debit card if I need more cash or credit card for settling hotel bills.