1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Trip is just about over

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by BUTTERHEAD1, Sep 1, 2013.

1. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

This really won't be much of a trip report but more of a synopsis of our trip. We arrived in Orlando on 8-22 and booked a room for one night thru Priceline and wound up with the Best Western in DTD, nice enough hotel . We spent the night walking around DTD and had dinner at Bongos. The next morning we checked into the Omni hotel in Championsgate for 2 nights . This hotel is one of my faves with its Lazy River pool as my most favorite pool in any hotel. One night we had dinner at Broadway Pizza in Kississimee... by far the best pizza I ever had in Florida.
    On 8/25 we checked into Pop Century for 7 nights utilizing the bounceback offer of free dining. We truly had a magical trip with some of the best weather we have had in any August in Florida . New for us were MAGICBANDS,fastpass+ and the Little Mermaid ride. The fact that we had both fastpass and fastpass plus we did every thing we wanted without much of a wait ,in fact we never even stayed for any EMH nights. Little Mermaid was a cute ride.
    The wife and I really enjoyed ourselves this trip because our kids are older and run off and do their own thing while we take a nice casual pace through the parks. We were able to walk around Epcot and really enjoy ourselves. We had dinner at Be Our Guest and we all ordered the steak and loved it. We will be returning to this restsurant. the list of restaurants we ate at were
    BOG
    MAMA MELEOSE
    TEPPEN EDO
    LIBERTY TREE
    OHANA
    LIBERTY TREE
    CORAL REEF
    CRYSTAL PALACE
    The only meal that I didn't care for was Coral Reef

Before I checked out this morning I booked a bounce back offer for next August for 9 nights of free dining at Pop. We also stayed at Pop and hung out at the pool all day and while there I booked the Buena Vista Palace thru Priceline for tonight. The wife and daughter have some dhopping to do. We begin our drive back to NYC sometime around 3am. Again it was a great and magical trip....
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Wow! You sure packed a lot into a fairly short time. I'm glad the weather was good for you. Here (about 20 minutes north) it wasn't so good. Lots of hard rain, and lightning over the course of a week and a half.

Tell me more about the pizza place. Until we had pizza at Via Napoli, the only pizza I liked in FL was mine. :D Is it thin crust, but not crunchy? Or thick?

Safe journey home. Look out for the idiots on the road, and enjoy the drive.
  3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Safe travels home! We had a very short trip this time but did manage to get BOG for dinner. WOW it was amazing. We also had the steak and I swear those were the best French fries I have ever had!!
  4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Would be interested to hear more about the hotel in champions gate, I love lazy rivers!
  5. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

Tink the place is real casual... There was a guy with his guitar singing inside the restaurant area. There is a full bar as well as two indoor dining rooms. The pizza comes in 3 sizes. We had large two pies, one with half sausage and half bacon and the other with half pepperoni and half cheese. We will be returning to this restaurant.

Brit... The Omni hotel is one of my favorites. My only gripe is the$16 parking fee and the$20 resort fee per night. The pool area is great. Like I said there is a lazy river pool, a zero entry pool and an adult pool. There is a bar at pool area and there are waitresses walking around the pool taking drink orders. There are a few restaurants on site as well as a golf course and a smaller golf course which is great for the kids. The rooms and beds are nice... Like most nice hotels. We always drive to Florida and the last two years we have stayed at The Omni to decompress from the drive and to rest up for Disney. Truth be told I should have booked the Omni before AND after our Disney trip because this year my feet and legs were aching after 8 days of walking around the parks.
  6. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Sounds great! It really annoys me about the resort/parking fees, why don't they just add it to the nightly rate! :)
  7. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Man I am slow sometimes....sheesh... I was thinking at first that there was a placed called the Bog...an Irish bar came to mind..Holy cats.

Anyhow sounds like you had a blast. So glad you had good weather. Never did a bounce back...what are the bennies of it?