1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Trip Planning Update!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Faythstar, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

As of today, we have our basic trip itinerary/outline planned, and have already made all our dining reservations!

Our first day we will spend at Downtown Disney, and have lunch at T-REX, which I have been DYING to do, and I'm super-excited. And we will round out that day with some Fantasia Gardens mini-golf. We have done Winter Summerland in the past and are looking forward to trying this one as well.

Our second day we will grab breakfast at our hotel, and head to Islands of Adventure (exciting, because my mom has never been to either of the Universal parks), and we will have lunch at Mythos. My husband and I had such a blast there on our honeymoon.

Third day will be at Universal. Another breakfast at the hotel, maybe some minor snacking in-park, and then a dinner at City Walk (either Hard Rock, Margaritaville, or Bubba Gump's). None of those places really take reservations. Then ending out that day with more mini golf on Universal's new course.

Fourth day will be Hollywood Studios day! Probably another hotel breakfast, maybe a snack at Pizza Planet (which I know my husband has been wanting to try) and then an earlyish dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe. (Super excited about this one, as none of the 3 of us have ever been there, the theming sounds like lots of fun and the food looks delicious.)

Our fifth day will be a split day. Typical breakfast, then off to Animal Kingdom (as we know we won't spend a whole day there, but we still want to go--especially for the parade.) After reading the Disney Food Blog, I've been dying to try the Flame Tree Barbecue, as it has the highest ratings of any quick-service restaurant in any of the Disney parks. Then when we tire of AK, head on over to Magic Kingdom for the evening! (Since we definitely want to spend the most time there anyway!) We have dinner reservations at Tony's. I haven't been there for years and years and my DH has never been, so hopefully that will be good.

Sixth day is ALL Magic Kingdom! Planning an early lunch at Be Our Guest (as I've heard it's better to get in early and beat the rush), then having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern (which has never disappointed any of us), and staying for the Halloween Party! :D

Last full day will be EPCOT day (and my DH's birthday!). We've got breakfast at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (he's excited about the breakfast buffet, I'm excited about princesses--lol). Lunch at Nine Dragons, and we decided on Teppan Edo for dinner.

On the morning we're leaving, we managed to sneak in an extra meal--breakfast at 'Ohana! We tried so hard to get reservations for a dinner during our stay but all the dinner reservations were after 9pm, and my mom can't handle eating that late, so we'll just have to try it some other time. :( Still excited we get to try their breakfast though! I'm also hoping to get to go by the wedding chapel on this day and maybe take some pictures, as I've never really gotten to explore it, and I've heard you're allowed to.

PHEW. Exhausted and excited just thinking about it all! Can't wait! :wave2:

(I'm ready. Can't we go tomorrow??)

2. Tishypops

Tishypops Addicted to Mickey

All sounding fantastic!!!

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Sounds like you have everything planned well :)

4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Sounds like a WONDERFUL trip so far!!

I keep hearing good things about Flame Tree BBQ, but it's never appealed to me :sorry: you'll have to let us know if you think it lives up to the "hype" :D

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

While we haven't done it lately we've done it in the past and never been disappointed.

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

You can make reservations at Hard Rock and Margarittaville. Hard Rock can be done on their website. Margarittaville you can call. Not sure about Bubba Gump as I've never eaten there.

7. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I don't think you can at bubba gumps... I seem to remember not being able to book at any of them in 2011 though...

8. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

I will be happy to report back on our experience with Flame Tree BBQ, as with the rest of the restaurants!

As far as Hard Rock, I did see that you can put in a reservation on their website, but only 30 days in advance, and my husband said he has been there before and never needed a reservation. As for Bubba Gump and Margaritaville, I searched all over their websites and just kept seeing it say that seating was first come, first serve. So that's strange...

9. Beccaberry

Bummer. Was just about to CANCEL a reservation at 'Ohana at 8 and was going to offer it to you and your family. But it's not until September 30th. BOO.

10. Tishypops

Tishypops Addicted to Mickey

When ever we have done them they have been walk up and we gave never had a problem getting a table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I did a check and you can book Margarittaville on www.opentable.com. Looks to be about 30-60 days in advance.

Hard Rock has their own booking site.

Bubba Gump does not take reservations

12. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

So sweet! Thanks for the thought anyway! We'll have to go eventually; the menu sounds fantastic!

13. Beccaberry

It's one of my favorites :) always fun with a big group, too! It holds a bit of a special place in my heart as it was the very first table service restaurant we went to that wasn't a buffet :)

14. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Sounds like a great trip. We will be there in September too. Sounds like you have put a lot of planning into the week that you will be there. :yes:

Mags

15. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

Oh goodness, I have been planning for this trip for months! Then when we finally nailed down our dates, all I had to do was more or less fill everything in. :)

16. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

looks like a great trip!