1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Trying to decide on a cell phone

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Johnie, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I am able to upgrade my phone and I am having a hard time making a decision. I currently have a Motorola Razor which I love. I really love the big screen.

I've been looking at the newer Razor and BlackJackTM II Wine Red and a blackberry. Anyone have any of these and opinions?

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

oh I could spend SOOOOOOOO long answering this, I love cell phones :yes:

Im guessing an iphone has been ruled out? only asking because it's so great on the internet and the screen is great. Lack of keyboard a pain though

The BlackJackTM II is a great phone! Probably the best windows mobile device of its kind. I can't really fault it much to be honest other than occasionally it feels a BIT slow zipping through menus (you get the window "wait" symbol)

newest razor, well I think it's style over substance in a way. Very competent phone, quirky user interface but you'll be all used to it anyway so not a problem.

Blackberry.... well PERSONALLY I believe the windows mobile ones work better although the blackberry user interface feels quicker. If you're thinking the pearl, I never got used to the keys with the two characters on them but some people are blindingly fast with them and they're certainly VERY VERY capable devices in a compact package. As far as blackberries go, I like the new one, Blackberry bold. Looks pretty swish :)

3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I haven't even thought about an iphone to be honest. I don't use the phone for music. I also didn't get that on my list of possible upgrades either :mad:

Thanks for the device. I was leaning more towards the Blackjack. It looks cool.

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

well not being on the list kinda seals it ;) but its the best Internet phone I've had. There's isn't a phone on the market with a better web browser in my opinion.

yeah I like them

5. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

DH has an i phone. He loves it but i am not a lover of it apart from this function. I quite often nick his phone to browse.