Tuesday... The day it rained....

Discussion in 'Trip Report Indexes' started by Deafjeff, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Active Member

Training and Development Manager
    Today (Tuesday) we decided to take it a little easy and go to the food and drink festival at Epcot.

When we arrived it was the sunniest day we've had so far. Actually got to the point where we thought 'wow it's hot'.

Had a good look at the food and drink. We snacked on treats from China and Canada. All very yummy. We'd saved our dining plan treats for this, which seems a cost efficient way of doing this. We also had a cronut each, which felt like a heart attack on a plate. Nice though. I would eat it again however Stephen vowed that he would not eat it again.

And then it rained. And didn't stop. Cue some grumpy faces.

Headed over for our fastpasses. Mission space done, twice. Then off to test track, which was closed due to the oncoming storm. So we waited. And waited.

And it rained harder.

Stephen at this point is lying on the floor, almost in the foetal position. He's not happy. No drama, just very quiet. His take on the whole thing is; we have limited time here, and when it rains and things are closed then that time is being wasted.

So, we give up on test track and head over for some character meets and have some fun with mickey and goofy. I bribed Stephen to move away from his foetal position with a line of crisps to the character meet, bit like Hansel and Gretel.

The cast members inside the outfits are obviously bored and start playing about, messing about and teasing each other. We got some pretty good pictures, which made us smile a bit.

We then opted to go back to the hotel. We cancelled our nine dragons reservations for Boma instead, thinking that illuminations is bound to be cancelled because of the rain. So we get back, have dinner at Boma which was lovely. And by the time we finish it's stopped raining. In all likelihood illuminations would have carried on, but hey ho. Fingers crossed for better weather tomorrow.

View attachment 18291
    View attachment 18292 View attachment 18293 View attachment 18294

Attached Files:

2. sarah

sarah New Member

Love your photos
    Fingers crossed for some glorious weather for you both:tan2:

3. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

clerical
    sooo much enjoying these reports. Can you stay an extra week and keep sending them please? :D

4. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Active Member

Training and Development Manager
    Tempting believe me!

5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Dazzling everyone with my sheer awesomness :D
    Lol, love the pics.

6. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Awww, and the weather is miserable, terrible, awful. :( The rain is making a mess of the roads, and flooding some areas, too. :(

I sure hope it's better soon. I know today (Thursday) isn't looking too good, but the breeze is nice and it's cool, without being cold. If the sun would just peek out, eh? :sigh:

What did you like best of what you tasted at the FWF?

7. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    lol @ bribing with a line of crisps!! :D