1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Two Little Piggies Go To WDW - pre-trippie!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Deb, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

As it is only 3 days until we leave home to go to our airport hotel :eek: I thought I’d just do a little pre-trippie! :wiggle:

We are staying at OKW for the first time! We made the decision to upgrade from the Dining Plan to the Deluxe as we figured we it would be worth it to us, and we are really glad we did! Whether we still think that way when we are there is another issue :unsure: We have had loads of fun booking ADRs over the last couple of weeks :D We have managed to book all of the restaurants we wanted, though I did make a couple of mistakes along the way which meant some hasty rejigging of plans a couple of nights ago, e.g. booking a restaurant for 8:30 pm rather than 8:30am, and booking Hacienda de San Angel, rather than San Angel Inn :doh:

There were some places that were must-do eats for us that aren’t on the DP, but as we have taken the opportunity to try out a lot of the Signature Restaurants (2TS credits for each) then this balances out in terms of time :yes:

The main issue about this is that we are not planners, and prefer to be spontaneous, but as we were getting the free DP anyway and had to do some planning around that we just thought we’d go the whole hog. As we went to WDW last January then we are a lot more relaxed about going around the parks, and therefore it’s easier to be more relaxed about how much time we spend eating. Eating out is one of our favourite things :dine: so we are really looking forward to it. We intend to use the car to get around during the morning, go back to the resort later on, and then use the bus to get to our lunch or dinner (or a taxi for a few).

So, the restaurants we currently have booked are:

Breakfast: Crystal Palace (twice), Chef Mickey’s, Cape May, Tusker House, Kona Cafe and Boma. We also have 2 mornings earmarked as Counter Service brekkies, and we know we will be going to the RFC at AK one morning (not on DP).

Lunch: Tutto Italia (for lunch, not dinner, as we love eating on the terrace outside if the sun is out), 50s Prime Time, and Le Cellier. We have not booked in many lunches as we expect to not need to eat much then because of the volume of food eaten at Breakfast and Dinner :rofl: We do know we will be having a Casey’s hotdog for lunch on our first day as it is illegal for us not to :D And probably one or two times afterwards too....

Dinner: Olivias’s (1st night in resort), T Rex (not on DP), Jiko, Kouzzina, V&A (not on DP obviously!), Artist Point, Narcoossee’s, Brown Derby Fantasmic Package (as a late lunch/early dinner), California Grill, San Angel Inn, Coral Reef (very early dinner before going to MK to watch the Electric Light Parade), Flying Fish and Chef de France.
    I think I have put on 8 pounds just writing about it all! :rolleyes3:

We aren’t in the parks on our last full day (our tickets will have run out), and haven’t booked our last night’s dinner as we want to wait to see which restaurant we really want to go to again!

We have booked to go on the new Wild Africa Trek at AK which we are hoping will be fun!!

I am beyond excited to be going on Splash Mountain - when we went last year it was closed for refurb. I was so disappointed as it is my VERY favourite :cry: It's closed this year too for our first few days, but reopens on 1st Feb!! I have been singing the Splash Mountain songs now for a few days :D

I also need to say Goodbye to Mickey's House and that whole area as it closes a few days after we leave. And ride one last time on he Snow White ride before it disappears into the sunset :(
  2. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Sounds like you have a whole lot of eating to be doing... my dream trip :rotfl:
  3. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

gosh i cant believe its time for you to go again :) i really hope you and mr deb have a fantastic time :)
  4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

All sounds fantastic! You are going to be so full! :lol:
  5. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Imagineer

Wooo hoo, we're only a few days behind you :)

Didnt realise snow white was closing, what's going to be in it's place?
  6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

All I can say is WOW. Great selection of restaurants. Enjoy.
  7. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

It says this in WDW blog about the Fantasyland expansion on the their site from 18th Jan:

Our other Disney princesses will also be getting a new home (actually, they prefer to call it a castle) in the all new Princess Fairytale Hall. Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel, will greet you in an elegant royal court at the location where Snow White’s Scary Adventures is today. This new experience will be in place of some of the earlier plans we shared regarding opportunities to interact with your favorite princesses.

Their representative who answers questions on there confirmed it will be closed, but they're not sure exactly when. It does say there will still be a Snow White ride of some sort somewhere:

One opportunity we’re especially excited about is the chance to tell Snow White’s story in a fresh new way. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will take you on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth as they whisk along the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs.