1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

two parks in one day?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by luvthemansion, Mar 11, 2010.

1. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

What do you all think ? is it possible to do more than one park in a day or is it just mad :point: would it cost twice as much?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

While it is certainly possible there are more factors to take into considerations. Do you have small children? Do you have a tendency to do "everything" or do you skip a lot of stuff? What time of year? etc. ......

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

For it not to cost more, you'd need a park hopper (which in and of itself costs more than a non-hopper ticket).

I've actually done the four WDW parks in one day. :D It was my birthday and I wanted a birthday badge (they were different between some of the parks then) from each park. :D It was fun!

You can of course do two parks in one day. You'll have to have a predetermined plan on what it is in each park that you want to do, and may have to incorporate the use of FP to get your selections completed.

Have a plan, and go for it. As long as you have the hopper. I'd not pay full price entry to each park to do it.

4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

you won't be able to do everything in more than one park but you can certainly pick and choose what you do. I like park hopping for variety and as we've been quite a few times know where we want to go so do that.

5. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Hi, the best advice I can give is that try and 'prep' as much as you can so that you can decide which area you would like to see etc

6. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

If you're just doing the disney parks for the whole two weeks I think park hopping would be fine. So long as each 'half visit' isn't your only visit to each park.

7. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

as already said if your doing disney parks mainly the whole 2 weeks and your from the UK then the 14day ultimate ticket is the one for you its only slightly more expensive than a 5 day disney ticket with WP options and you can visit the parks as many times as you like in the 14days. i got these tix and would always get them from now on :D

8. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

We have done two parks in one day many times however I dont think it is possible to do everything in 2 parks in one day,heck I dont think you can do everyting in one park in a single day. Usually on the days we go to Animal Kingdom we will head over to another park for the evening.

9. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

wow thanks :thumbsup: thats some good advice, I dont know what tickets we get in the package from disney :unsure:

we'll be relying on disney buses are the parks so far from each other that choosing the 2 parks on distance would make a difference or not? :nono:

are the timetables for parades done so you can see them at one park and then at another?

10. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

You can check most of the information on the disney website including the parades timetable (If i remember correctly)

11. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Keep in mind that the official Disney website gets it wrong. :redface: Often. Times I mean.

The distance between parks really is negligible. There really isn't much to the travel between the parks and the onsite resorts. Loads of discussions center around travel time and that's just silly, as far as I'm concerned.

The only real travel issue is that sometimes you have to wait longer than you would like for transport. That is sometimes due to long lines, or sometimes due to not enough busses running. If there is a noticeable back up, WDW will put more busses on.

So, all that to say, pick the two parks you want and go from there!

AKL in the morning and another park in the afternoon is a good mix. :yes:

EPCOT in the morning, afternoon and DHS for Fantasmic is another good mix. You can actually walk between EPCOT and DHS. :yes:

12. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Animal Kingdom is really the only one of the four that is considered remote. You can walk or take a launch between EPCOT and DHS. And from MK you can monorail to EPCOT.

13. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

This is one of my favorite "hops"

:D :D

14. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

We did EPCOT in the morning (up until 2) and MK in the afternoon. We did a quick fast-pass tour of some of the rides before getting dinner and then watching wishes :yes: