1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

TWO WEEKS OF MAYHEM

Discussion in 'Itineraries' started by Scott1066, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Saint Petes!!!!!!:wave:

2. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

We having our wedding vows renewed at St Peters I think....:wiggle:

3. Scott1066

Scott1066 Earning my ears

You think its on St Petes or you think your renewing your wedding vows:point:

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I notice that you mention DHS and Fireworks in the same day. What fireworks? To the best of my knowledge DHS doesn't do fireworks. Only MK and EPCOT. Now there are some very limited fireworks at Fantasmic at DHS if that is what you are talking about.

5. Scott1066

Never even considered the oil, and only planning one Disney dinner. Where on the east coast, Daytona or Miami. Heard Miami is a bit grubby??? Poss being too fussy, always done the Sarasota and that area which we loved

6. Scott1066

Yes it was fantasmic. Didn't know how often and dates. Wasn't too exited at Epcots probably seen too many times. Do we how to find out when there on at DHS

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Miami is a loooong ride from Orlando. I love South Beach though and would tell you to visit there if you could.

Closer is of course, Daytona. :yes: I prefer Cocoa Beach, but remember I go for quiet, not for something to do. So with that in mind, Daytona Beach will give you options of things to do. Another little gem is New Smyrna Beach. :yes:

There is a new fireworks show on at MK for this summer. You may want to catch that if you are there during that time frame.

8. Scott1066

Not sure we're going to make it to coast now, not extending holiday. But advice fom others to fill days with parks cut the days a tad shorter and shop afterwards. Seems like a plan.

9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Taking a break during the heat of the day is going to help you enjoy your holiday a bit more. Our summer seems to be here with a vengeance. The temperature yesterday (and I'm in Jacksonville now, the very northeast of FL) was 105 with the heat index. It really saps your energy fast to be moving around outdoors in that sort of heat. Keep in mind that the temperature in the parks generally feels ten degrees hotter than the actual air temperature, and you can see why you'll want a break!

Cocoa Beach is a short ride from the Central Florida region. If you'd just like to pop over to the Atlantic side for a portion of a day, that would be pretty do-able. :yes: (Same for Daytona Beach, about an hour all told from Central Florida).

10. Scott1066

Sounds pretty awesome. Do like the idea of a break from it all and get a bit of sand between the toes.
    Thanks for the input to everyone

11. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Sounds like you've got a lot packed in there! Can't wait to read the trip report.

12. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

i was going to mention festival bay for the skate park but no need now!

Also, how much time do you usually spend at Epcot? We combined Seaworld with the Old Town cruise night as we knew we'd leave there earlier than we would Epcot.

13. Scott1066

Need to do some serious saving first

I know everyone likes different things which is good as we'd all be stuck doing the same parcs. We have done epcots fireworks a few times and we would probably leave them out this time, i would imagine it be an early finish in Epcot.

14. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

fair enough! :thumbsup:

15. gacallaghan

gacallaghan Earning my ears

Hi Scott,

One thing I noticed if that you have two days down for Islands of Adventure (27th Oct and 3rd Nov) but just one day for Epcot. Based on my previous experience I have found 1 day just isn't enough for Epcot especially if you want to cover the World Showcase too. Perhaps you could have 2 days for Epcot and then if you get finished early park hop to another park or head to Downtown Disney for a nice meal?

Amy

16. Scott1066

Hi Amy, I have to admit. Epcot isn't my favourite park. I've done it a few times and everytime we do it we spend less time in there. We may be missing something in there??? but It didn't hold too much magic for us. Like I say its a good job we're all different. The only real reason we're going at all is that my daughters boyfriend is coming along and he's never been. Things may change we might find the big attraction in there, it would be funny if after the visits we have had there we have missed something. We love the food, crash test ride, some of the show case. We saw starship playing there 5 years ago, which was superb. We all love IOA as there is so much for everyone, with Dr Zues for my youngest and my good lady and all the other areas for everyone. Its strange everyone I know has been to and loved Kennedy, I can't find anything too atract me there at all but then I go fishing and sit on a river bank for hours on end and I know not everyones cup of tea. Hopefully we will find something at Epcot, we do enjoy it just don't love it