1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

UK airports to close again in new ash risk

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by eeyoreguy, May 4, 2010.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

BBC News - Scottish and N Irish airspace to close in new ash risk

Airspace over Scotland and Northern Ireland will be closed from 0700 BST on Wednesday due to volcanic ash, the Civil Aviation Authority has said.

It warned airports in the north-west of England and North Wales could also be affected as the cloud moved south.

2. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

irish airspace was closed yesterday and scotland had probs too.....just took my mum to gatwick, wonder if she'll be able to get home now lol

3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Just been looking at this on the BBC and it looks like all Airports south of Edinburgh should be ok , and there is little risk as the winds are changing later in the week

The plume is also less intense than last time

:fingers: my thoughts are withe veryone travelling soon - you don't want to be worried about getting there or getting home - you want to be enjoying the build up to your trip :sigh:

4. Clare-Swindlehurst

Clare-Swindlehurst Earning my ears

I wonder how long this is going to go on for - apparently there's another volcano which usually erupts when this one does. We still have quite a time to go before our trip but it does make you wonder - these things could go on for years!