1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

UK purchased Disney's 7 Day Premium Ticket 'No Expiration Option' how much?

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by julian, Jan 23, 2011.

1. julian

julian Earning my ears

Hi there, sorry if this is a repost, I did a few searches and couldn't find any answer.

I had been thinking of simply getting base tickets this time... but having done a few calculations I am thinking the best option is to get the UK Disney's 7 Day Premium Ticket, which they are doing for the price of a 5 day ticket.

My plan though is to spend only 3 days in Disney and pay on the gate for the No Expiration Option and keep the outstanding balance of days on the tickets for next time... which for us could be a fair while... but we will go again.

So does anyone know how much it will cost me on the gate to upgrade to No Expiration?

I guess it would be a similar price to a non UK ticket... so really it's how much does it cost to upgrade a 7 day hopper ticket to No Expiration?

Thank you for any help :)

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Im not fantastic on tickets either since I usually grab an annual pass but when I haven't I've always found it hard to escape the 14 day ultimate from the UK the best. Even when I've thought of getting a 7 day, there always seems to be some offer on where you can get a 14day ultimate for the same price as the 7 days. Of course, they expire 14 days after use and I dont think you can buy a non-expire for them.

Now, the non-expire option on a 7day ticket at the gates is $151.23 w/tax but, as far as I know, even if you buy it having used up 3 days, you'd still have to upgrade the WHOLE 7 days :/ even though of course you've used 3. It would be nice to say ok I'll just upgrade the 4 days I have left, which would cost only $71.36 w/tax, but sadly I don't think they'll do that.

I don't know if that helps or makes it even more complicated!

3. julian

julian Earning my ears

That helps a lot... so that would be $151.23 per person... adding $604.93 for four people... so around £380 on top of the £900 or so the tickets costs.

I think I will stick to base tickets at that rate...

Thank you for your help.

The longer tickets are no real use to us as we are only going to be there for 7 full days and ultimately I like Universal more than Disney anyway... not as magical, but superiour rides IMHO... and we have four days already allocated to universal, seaworld & aquatica (since blizzard beach is shut). So that leaves three days at absolute most for Disney...

Seaworld are doing a great deal... £305 for four of us... seaworld and aquatica... unlimited entry for 14 days...

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Yep some great seaworld deals on tickets, shame Disney don't do the same!

For three days I'd probably just pay as and when to be honest :yes:

5. chief

chief Earning my ears

when my cousin went christmas 2009 she said it worked out cheaper to just get a disney ticket from any hotel or on the gate im not sure which. but seaworld worked out cheaper to by the unlimited pass from the uk. we got our tickets before travelling last year, as we went to disney almost every day it was woth buying the 14 day ticket. i think we will just stick to the flex ticket next year as we want to concentrate on unversal and sea world, maybe just buying a single ticket to magic kingdom?

6. julian

julian Earning my ears

Cheers for the replies.

Yeah the seaworld one is the same price as a days entry to seaworld and a days entry to aquatica... we may not even use them anymore than that... but it is very open minded of them to operate it like that... might pop back into Aquatica one afternoon after Universal or similar.

Not unlike a lot of UK things where reentry is free for x months or weeks or even a year after you pay once... working on the assumption not many people will take them up on it... but if they do they'll spend money there.

Main thing is I don't want my 9 year old daughter to feel hard done by and make sure she gets her fair share of Disney. My older boy is already more interested in Universal anyway... as am I since the Islands Of Adventure was being built last time I was in Orlando.

How prices have changed... my first ever visit was in 1980 and we stayed for two full weeks in the Polynesian Resort. I priced it up this time and couldn't believe the differences. We have a self catering place in Lake Buena Vista area... getting excited now.

7. chief

chief Earning my ears

yep i had a real good look on different ticket websites last night and although you can save around 100 or more pounds you dont have the flexibility of 'unlimited'. i followed the link from disney secrets to florida escapes and they seemed to have the best price from the few i have looked at. £636 for flex ticket with no bush gardens. thats 4 adults cos my 2 boys will be 10 and 13 next time we go.

8. julian

julian Earning my ears

A flex ticket would have been the way to go for us if Virgin hadn't thrown two days of Universal into the cost.

And yeah my oldest is 11 so is an 'adult'.

If we end up doing three days in Disney I think our total for tickets will be something like £800 for the whole family for the week.