1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Universal closes Twister ride to save money

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Feb 19, 2009.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

Universal Orlando announced this week that they would be closing Twister until spring as part of cost-cutting measures aimed at easing the financial effects of the recession. Universal had announced similar closures to other attractions a few weeks ago, along with staffing changes as the economy continues to worsen and tourism continues to drop.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm not a US fan, nor a Twister fan but it's really too bad that the economy is causing these sorts of cut backs. Luxuries are the first to go though, and theme park attendance for most folks is a luxury.

3. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

So true Tink.

4. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

Twister is outdated and not very good really so closing it isn't really a loss as far as I'm concerned anyway :shrug:

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Well it's the principle. So those of who can still travel are essentially getting the short end of the stick by still paying the same prices for less stuff.