1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Universal Orlando Announces A New On-Site Hotel

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure News & Rumo' started by Wendy, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Universal Parks & Resorts and Loews Hotels & Resorts will build a new hotel development at Universal Orlando that will add high-quality, high-value options for families wanting an affordable on-site experience.

Cabana-Bay-Beach-Resort-Exterior.jpg

Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort will offer two distinct experiences within the development's multiple buildings: 900 family suites, capable of sleeping six, that include kitchen areas and 900 standard guest rooms - offering both moderate- and value-priced accommodations. It will be operated by Loews Hotels & Resorts and is scheduled to open in 2014.

Cabana-Bay-Beach-Resort-Pool.jpg

The hotel will be themed differently than anything else currently available at Universal Orlando. It will evoke the driving vacations so many Americans grew up enjoying with their families - spending time at sweeping motor courts just off the highway, where families relaxed and played after a long day's drive. The new hotel's hip, vintage look will be accented with bold design, dramatic, clean lines, bright, period colors and touches of neon. Inside areas including the lobby, dining areas and large, comfortable rooms will follow suit. The hotel will have two themed pool areas.

Cabana-Bay-Beach-Resort-Lobby.jpg

"Our new hotel will give guests an affordable, incredibly themed on-site hotel experience unlike anything else at our resort," said Tom Williams, chairman and chief executive officer, Universal Parks & Resorts. "Our new family suites and family-value pricing will give our guests on-site options they've never had before."

The hotel will be built on a 37-acre site within Universal Orlando Resort and adjacent to Universal's Islands of Adventure - just off Hollywood Way and Turkey Lake Road. Site work will begin soon. Pricing information, opening timeframes and room on-sale dates will be released over time.

Cabana-Bay-Beach-Resort-Suite.jpg
    The new hotel will allow families to choose between value pricing or the higher level of benefits and service that come with staying at other on-site Universal Orlando hotels - Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, the Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Royal Pacific Resort. It will provide early park admission, proximity to Universal's Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios and resort-wide charging privileges - but will not offer complimentary Universal Express Unlimited Access.

"The Cabana Bay Beach Resort furthers our goal of operating special and distinct properties in important markets," said Paul Whetsell, Loews Hotels & Resorts president and CEO. "This is another important step in our plan to expand the Loews system in major markets across the United States."

2. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Looks exciting

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I don't understand it :unsure: doesn't do it for me at all, I wanted a Harry Potter hotel! Lol

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I don't understand it either. I get that they are trying to compete with Disney with the family suite option but they are NOT offering front of the line access. That is the reason I stay on-site at Universal.

5. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I dont really see the point of staying there if you dont get any benefits from it!
    I doubt we will anyway - id imagine even their value resort is still out of our price range, just aswell we are happy to stay on international drive really!

6. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I'm not over the moon for this. Like Brit, where's the Harry Potter hotel?!

Sounds like they are trying to do something related to Route 66 without saying it. :unsure: I haven't been to Universal in probably 10 years or more. As much as I would like to go, I'd only go during the off season and I'd stay where I can get the unlimited access.