1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Universal Orlando Confirms new Simpsons Land Opening this Summer

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure News & Rumo' started by Wendy, May 23, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

springfield land.jpg

Springfield, hometown to America’s favorite animated family, The Simpsons, comes to life at Universal Orlando Resort launching this summer.

The expansive, new area within Universal Studios will be anchored by the mega-attraction, The Simpsons Ride, and will allow guests to enter the world of The Simpsons like never before. It will be the only place in the world where guests can walk the streets of Springfield. It will include a brand-new outdoor attraction, places and foods pulled right from the show and two new Simpsons characters who will make their debut with the new area – Krusty the Clown and Sideshow Bob.

And yes – there will be Duff Beer, brewed exclusively for Universal Orlando.

For the first time ever – anywhere – fans will be able to walk down Fast Food Boulevard and visit the places that helped Springfield stake its claim as “Shelbyville by the Sea.” They will be able to grab a Krusty-certified meat sandwich at Krusty Burger, snatch the catch of the day at the Frying Dutchman, get a slice at Luigi’s Pizza, go nuts for donuts at Lard Lad, enjoy a “Taco Fresho” with Bumblebee Man and imbibe at Moe’s Tavern.

The new attraction – called Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl – will take “foolish humans” on an intergalactic spin designed to send them into orbit.

“This will be a must-see experience for Simpsons fans all over the world,” said Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative. “For the first time ever, they’re going to be able to enter a world that they’ve only seen on television – and we’re really excited to bring that world to life.”

“This new expansion will broaden and deepen the already incredible experience at Universal, by bringing to life the iconic landmarks of Springfield that fans have grown to love,” said Jeffrey Godsick, President, Fox Consumer Products. “Fans will literally be able to live and breathe Springfield as they visit the statue of Jebediah, enjoy a Krusty Burger, and have a seat at Moe’s Tavern, which are just a few of the great experiences awaiting at Universal.”

"It has been an honor to bring the world of the Simpsons to life in such a letter-perfect way,” said Denise Sirkot, President, Worldwide Brand, Gracie Films. “Truly this is the Krustyest place on earth."

2. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

Is it me or does The Simpsons seem so yesterday. I never really watched the show and my kids never showed any interest in the show either. I remember guys at college wearing Bart Simpson shirts and that is well over 20 years ago. I guess there is a big following considering they have been on TV for that long.

3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

There is a HUGE Simpsons following. Still.

4. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

We all still love the Simpsons here. The whole thing sounds like fun. :)

Mags

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I've always thought it was one of those shows which looks completely stupid but actually was really cleverly done when you watched it. I DO think it's 20yrs past time though I must admit :lol:

Still, could be a funny area

6. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Rethemeing of an existing area. But I still want a Krusty Burger. :mental:

7. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

Where abouts is this located? Isn't men in black right next door?

8. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

It seems like a really odd choice to me :unsure: I really don't hear much hype about the Simpsons these days :shrug1:

9. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

I thought it was a little strange because Simpsons is by no means at the height of its popularity. But I'm still sort of excited to see it just because it's different, and I really enjoyed Simpsons when I was younger, so it will be fun seeing that world come to life. But what did they get rid of to put it in? Does anyone know? I hope they don't lose the MIB ride!!! MIB is more popular than Simpsons, anyway!

10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Lol I assure you there is such a cult following of the Simpsons that this makes sense.

11. Tishypops

Tishypops Addicted to Mickey

I am a more than a little over the simpsons and have been since the movie, I am sure it will be a fun area but it does seem strange that they would put so much money and time into something like this rather than a big blockbuster themed area which I think we all associate US/IOA with.