1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rumour Universal Orlando Resort Reveals Details for Diagon Alley at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure News & Rumo' started by Wendy, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Diagon-Alley.jpg

At the live event today, more details were revealed about this this summer’s opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley

Never before has a theme park created a guest experience like this: you climb aboard the Hogwarts Express in Hogsmeade and moments later arrive at King’s Cross Station – where the wonders of London and Diagon Alley unfold before you. And it is all real.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will be located within Universal Orlando’s second theme park, Universal Studios, and will create new experiences based on the signature areas of London, Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley.

Diagon-Alley-2.jpg
    Universal’s creative team has been working closely with Stuart Craig and the production team from the Harry Potter films to make the new area as authentic and spectacular as possible – just as it did with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade.

The vision for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley is unprecedented, with Universal Orlando creating the world’s first centrally themed, multi-park experience.

London-Embankment.jpg

After arriving at King’s Cross Station aboard the Hogwarts Express, guests will pass through London and the iconic brick wall archway from the films into Diagon Alley – a bustling, wizarding hub within a Muggle city.

King's-Cross-Station.jpg

There will be shops, dining experiences, and a new ride called Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts – a multi-sensory, multi-dimensional journey that will take theme park attractions to a new level.

Take a look at this video:

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will give visitors the exciting opportunity to:

Board the Hogwarts Express and journey between London’s King’s Cross Station (located in Universal Studios Florida) and Hogsmeade Station (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure). The journey will be filled with views of London and the British countryside – as well as a few surprises. Park-to-park admission is required.

Hogsmeade-Station.jpg

Experience a groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, which will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults
    Harry-Potter-and-the-Escape-from-Gringotts.jpg

Witness the magical experience of a wand choosing a wizard at Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, one of the wizarding world’s premier wand shops

Ollivanders-.jpg

Discover the darker side of magic in Knockturn Alley, the darkest of dark places that features Borgin and Burkes – a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items

knockturn-alley-1.jpg

Explore some of Diagon Alley’s famous shops, including:

Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes

Weasleys'-Wizard-Wheezes.jpg

A vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toys inspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone

Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions

Guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizard’s robes and character costumes

Magical Menagerie

Features a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs

Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment

wiseacres-wizarding-equipment.jpg

Guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses

Quality Quidditch Supplies

A wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more

Scribbulus

Features authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards

Leaky Cauldron

leaky-culdron.jpg

Enjoy traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more

Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour

Florean-Fortescue's-Ice-Cream-Parlour.jpg

For frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream and many others

More details about the unique experiences that can be found in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will be released over time. For more information about the area, visit www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Does look really good doesn't it?

Going to be packed this year though I guess.. wonder if it's worth a couple of days at a universal hotel just to get front of line :/
  3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

It looks great! I can't wait to go.

The universal hotel front of the line is not good for rip ride rocket and the big HP ride that I can't think of the name of right now. Do chances are it may not be available for the new attraction either.
  4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

You wouldn't get Keith anywhere near either of them :lol:
  5. keith

yep won't be going near them :lol: but three families from work have all gone and said how great it was staying onsite for the HP ... I dont know that it's FOL that they used, more early entry? they were saying they were able to get around the HP area in an hour and a half with no queues and then that was done
  6. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

This looks amazing. This may very well be the year we add Universal to our trip!
  7. keith

Exactly how I feel!

There wasn't enough there for me before but now I may give it a go
  8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

They do get early entry
  9. Tinks_xox

Tinks_xox Earning my ears

Harry Potter is the only thing that comes close to my love and obsession with Disney. Gosh I hope so so much that I can go to this some day!