Universal Studios, Orlando new "Despicable Me" Ride Fact Sheet

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure News' started by Wendy, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Universal Orlando’s Newest Attraction, Despicable Me is coming to Universal Studios in 2012

Facts About the New Attraction:

One of the most successful animated films of 2010, Universal’s Pictures’ “Despicable Meâ€￾ thrilled audiences across the globe with its outrageous humor, endearing characters and compelling storyline – all of which guests will be able to experience exclusively at Universal Orlando in 2012.

Universal Orlando’s new “Despicable Meâ€￾ attraction will be an all-new, fun 3-D experience that places guests right in the middle of an unforgettable adventure featuring their favorite characters from the film – Gru, his daughters Margo, Edith and Agnes, and of course, Gru’s not-so-bright pit crew, the minions

The attraction will utilize a brand-new, highly sophisticated Infitec 3-D projection system designed to make the experience sharper, clearer and more “realâ€￾ than ever before.

Universal Orlando’s Creative team is working closely with producer Chris Meledandri, the founder of Illumination Entertainment, to create all-new animation for an all-new “Despicable Meâ€￾ adventure that places guests right in the center of the action.

During the attraction experience, guests will:

• Laugh as they embark on an entirely-new, high-tech 3-D digital adventure

• Marvel as they explore Gru’s lair and descend into his secret lab

• Shriek as the entire family is transformed into minions

• Celebrate as they are swept into a first-ever, minion-inspired, interactive dance party where they can show off their best moves

Background About the Film:

“Despicable Meâ€￾ was the first 3-D-CGI feature produced by Universal Pictures.
    With a worldwide gross of more than $540 million, 2010’s “Despicable Me,â€￾ from directors Chris Renaud & Pierre Coffin, is the sixth most successful film that Universal Pictures has ever distributed. It is now the 10th-biggest animated film in U.S. history.

A sequel will be released in 2013.

• The film was released on July 10, 2010 and opened at the number one spot on the box office.
    • It is the second highest-grossing animated film of 2010 in the United States and Canada.
    • The film was nominated for “Best Animated Featureâ€￾ at the 2011 Golden Globe Awards.
    • It won “Best Animated Movieâ€￾ at the 2011 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards.

Attached Files:

2. Skywatcher

Skywatcher New Member

cooooool !! we all love this film

3. Raff42

Raff42 New Member

Blogger
    LOVE IT!! I loved this movie!!! I actually got a minion off a cast member when I was there last year. They were just giving them away at christmas!

4. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Active Member

Training and Development Manager