1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Universal Studios Orlando Testing New Ride Reservation System!

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure News & Rumo' started by Wendy, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

It looks like Disney aren't alone in their quest to improve the lines at their attractions.

Universal Studios will also be testing their new Ride Reservation System with their team members on the 2nd and 3rd May. This new version of the Universal Express Pass is expected to have a new name once launched. It is thought it will either replace the current system or run alongside the current Express Pass.

Universal Studios will provide their Guests with interactive pagers which will allow them to make attraction reservations, one at a time, for certain attractions.

Universal is also considering making their new system available via smart phone, in place of receiving the interactive pagers. It’s not known if the new system will be free to guests, but it’s expected to have a charge.

2. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Dislike :thumbsdown:

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

This stinks!!!!
    Why pay extra for ANY ride when you have already purchased your [rather expensive] park admission ticket? :hopmad:

4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Which is exactly why I havent been to Universal the last few visits!

5. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

i dont agree with this in any of the parks, they do it in this country too and i think its wrong

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I have to totally agree this is NOT good. And as Terry says, why should I have to pay extra when I've already paid good money just to get into the park?

7. Sam

Sam Imagineer

Do they not realise that they are not doing themselves any favours. Am I right in thinking that Universal visit numbers haven't been that great in recent years? I know Harry Potter has been a big pull for them but I think by offering a Free version of Fastpass it may encourage people to give it try. I do know an awful lot of people who don't bother so much with universal because of the waiting times. Why do they feel that they have to squeeze every penny out of you, it makes them just look greedy. It's bad enough them having those little stalls all around the parks encouraging kids to want to win a giant cuddly toy.

8. Raff42

Raff42 Earning my ears

This makes me NOT want to go. I go out of season anyway so there are hardly any queues but to have to pay EXTRA after a 2nd ticket increase? I would like the smart phone reservation system if it was free or at least a bit cheaper than their current skip the queue system. But even if we got that, how would that work with international phones? If i have to have my UK 3G turned on, it will cost a bomb!