1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Universal's Superstar Parade Now Open at Universal Orlando

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure News & Rumo' started by Wendy, May 8, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Universal’s Superstar Parade officially opens today at Universal Orlando Resort.

The new Parade is one of the latest in Universal Orlando’s “Year to be Here” – during which Universal is creating more new entertainment experiences across its entire destination than any other year in its history. The year began with a newly enhanced Blue Man Group Show at Universal CityWalk, continued with the high-tech re-launch of The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man at Universal’s Islands of Adventure and will continue with the launch of the new Despicable Me Minion Mayhem attraction at Universal Studios Florida this summer.

Universal’s Superstar Parade brings an entirely new form of entertainment to Universal Studios that combines wildly creative floats with hundreds of performers to create whole new levels of fun and excitement.

“We are creating special moments for the entire family,” said Jim Timon, Senior Vice President of Entertainment for Universal Orlando Resort. “You can laugh and dance with your children and their favorite characters and then be completely moved as you watch the most powerful tribute to film you could imagine – all in the same day.”

The streets of Universal Studios will transform into a theme-park-wide performance stage as today’s most beloved stories and characters bring new adventure and excitement to guests everywhere. Universal’s Superstar Parade is one of the largest entertainment experiences the theme park has ever created and will make its way through the streets of Universal Studios every day. It will feature elaborately themed floats that tower above guests, hundreds of energetic street performers and spectacular music and dance performances. Unforgettable moments include Gru, his daughters and Vector from the blockbuster animated adventure Despicable Me dancing to “Boogie Fever,” Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob arriving in his pineapple home from under the sea with his friends from Bikini Bottom, E.B. from the hit comedy Hop playing the drums and acrobatic performances by characters from Nickelodeon’s Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go! Throughout the day, guests will be able to sing and dance with their favorite characters from the parade during special performances at select locations.

sponge-bob-4.jpg

universal-despicable-me.jpg

universal-despicable-me-2.jpg

universal-diego.jpg

universal-dora.jpg