1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Upcoming movies from Disney

Discussion in 'TV/Movies & Celebrity Gossip' started by DisneyFreak, May 27, 2011.

1. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

2011 winter - National Treasure 3:
    This film is expected to be released in later of 2011. Not much details as of yet. Nicolas Cage and Jon Voight will both be back. John Turteltab will be the Director and Jerry Bruckheimer will be the Producer. Some have speculated the treasure in this film will be one of the following:
    • Lost Colony of Roanoke (most substantial)
    • Atlantis
    • Fountain of Youth (least likely)
    UPDATE - in development but now scheduled for a 2014 release

2012 Swiss Family Robinson:
    It's been circling since 2004 that a remake of the 1960 version of Swiss Family Robinson was in the plans. However, until recently, did any newer developments take place. In early 2009 it was confirmed that a remake is in development and will include a cast of Will Smith, wife Jada Pinkett Smith and their 3 kids. Expected release date is sometime in 2012. Details subject to change.

UPDATE - in development still scheduled for 2012 release

June 22, 2012 Brave:
    Brave is scheduled to be released on June 22, 2012. It is a Pixar film and is the story of a Scottish princess who manages to get her kingdom in trouble by defying a sacred custom. Princess Merida will become the first Disney princess from a Pixar film.

• The voice of Princess Merida was originally Reese Witherspoon but was changed to Kelly Macdonald because of scheduling issues.
    UPDATE - currently filming still scheduled for 2012 release

June 21, 2013 Monsters University:
    In April of 2010 is was announced that a prequel to Monsters, Inc will be released on June 21, 2013. No further details available. Details subject to change.

UPDATE - currently in pre-production still scheduled for 2013 release

2013 Lone Ranger:
    No much details available yet for Disney's Lone Ranger. However, Johnny Depp has been announced to play Tonto, which, unlike the TV series, will not as much of a sidekick. The release date is rumored to be sometime in 2013.

UPDATE - in development and now scheduled for a 2014 release. Gore Verbinski to direct after leaving PoTC franchise.

2013 Jungle Cruise:
    This film is going to be loosely based on the theme park ride. Rumor has it that a group of people will be taking a cruise into the jungle in search of some sort of cure. Of course, along the ways they will be meeting up with dangerous animals and reptiles. Originally, the release date on this was 2006-7, but continues to experience delays. Details are subject to change.

UPDATE - in development and now scheduled for 2014 release
  2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I want "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" back again! :yes:
    Although I can't picture anyone other than James Mason as Captain Nemo.

Oh... and while we're at it, can we have a re-release of "Song of the South"? Please! :beg:

Tom :)macwave:... simple tastes!)
  3. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

20,000 would be awesome!! I would love a re-release of Song of the South as well. I used to listen to that album a lot when I was a kid.

Here is another tidbit of info.....a few years ago there was a rumor Disney was going to remake 'The Black Hole' which was Disney's very first movie to get the PG rating. Anyway, the rumor died until the release of TRON: Legacy. In a scene in the movie in character Sam Flynn's bedroom shows a movie post of 'The Black Hole' as well as an action figurine of robot B.O.B on the shelf with the Tron action figures. Hmmm.......
  4. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Oh thats an interesting thought, they do like to slip in bits of an upcoming film dont they!