Upper class on Virgin

Discussion in 'Transportation, Travel and Car Rental' started by Clarkkent, May 29, 2015.

1. Clarkkent

Clarkkent Member

Sign Language Interpreter
    We are waiting on a few more quotes but it's looking more unlikely :(

2. Clarkkent

Clarkkent Member

I think we fly back 7th Oct 2016.

3. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hopefully there will be flying club seats available on that date so we can be on the same flight :smile:

I forgot, you will get to use the lounge in MCO, its not overly special but it's somewhere quiet and relaxed.

4. Clarkkent

Clarkkent Member

You're there the same time as us?

5. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    LOL I once worked for a company which was doing an IPO. All the execs got rather giddy, many stood to become overnight millionaires etc. Anyway, I always used to insist on flying BA business for work, it was, I felt, the only way to get there and start work immediately. Well it got to be a bit of an internal joke... "Keith wont fly with the riff-raff" and that was never what I meant but whatever :)

Anyway, they rented a private plane to travel round the world doing an investment tour for the IPO and they invited me onboard. Of course, most people were sozzled and all the way I had the american company president saying THIS is how you travel to avoid the riff-raff keith.... we think business class is riff-raff ha-dee-ha.... I was getting really really fed up of him tbh and that emergency "pull to open cabin door" handle was starting to look more and more inviting. Anyway, after a few hours, and a full on VIP welcome at the airport we ended up in an executive lounge overlooking the airport where we were doing our presentation. Three CEOs from some very well known companies wandered over and said to us "hey did you just fly in on that GSxxx (cant remember number" and the president winked at me and said proudly "yeah we did actually" and they started laughing and saying OMG that's so cute! I didn't even realise they still MADE them that small? Do you have to push it? it's nothing to be ashamed of I bet it gives great mpg LOL They walked away leaving me and a very red faced company president. I was just about to open my mouth and he said JUST DONT SAY A WORD and slinked off to the loo :lol:

Goes to show you, "riff-raff", it's all relative ;-)

yeah sigh and it's not PE, that could happen anywhere really, it's people being inconsiderate :(

6. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I don't know what the dates will be yet, but we probably will be there around that time. It's dependant on flying club seats for me and they are difficult to get from Gatwick in September so we may have to fly in and out of Miami next year, but we are definitely going next year :smile:

7. piglet

piglet Active Member

clerical
    I really love the first class lounge, it's a lovely break from all the 'riff-raff' in the airport and the food and drink is plentiful. It's so nice to sit back in the lounge after a nice breakfast and watch the planes coming and going, maybe have a massage. Cor I wish we were going this year instead of next (and only PE) then :sigh: