1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

upper or lower floor?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by jojo, May 12, 2009.

1. jojo

jojo Imagineer

Hi again we've got so many questions :unsure:

When we book a hotel at disney can we choose where we want our room? If we can, how do we decide? Is it better to be higher up or on the ground floor and are there always lifts?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Questions are wonderful things!!!

OH, and by the way! WELCOME TO DISNEY SECRETS!!! :9:

Now, for your question...

You can put in requests for a room location/view/area of hotel but nothing is guaranteed. When you check in, you'll remind the CM of the requests and hope, hope, hope!!!

If you want an upper floor be certain there are elevators!! :eek: In the older DVC resorts like OKW, there are not elevators in all the buildings (very few in fact) so you could be hauling your luggage up three flights of stairs. We've done it. Great exercise! :lol:

Much will depend upon how you want to use your room. Will it be a place to sleep, shower, dress for the day and leave? Or, will it be a place that you actually spend some time in, enjoying the resort, that sort of thing.

We haven't ever really been too fussy about where we were placed in a given resort. We've always been pretty happy with our rooms/villas. We did not like the over the boardwalk view/villa that we had when staying at Boardwalk Villas, as it was too noisy. It wasn't something we'd do again, but we survived it while we had it.

So, much comes down to personal preference, and luck!

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

As Tink says, you can request floors/locations when you make your reservation. Keep in mind, though, that the more requests you make and the more restrictive they are, the more difficult it is for a CM to assign you a room. So keep your requests a general as possible and in order of importance. They do their best to honor your first request, but it can be difficult after that.

I love Pop Century resort, but due to injuries over the years, walking to the back of the resort after a long day at the parks is beyond me. So my first request tends to be for the section I prefer (50s), floor (we do prefer upper floors, but that's us), then lake side (quieter than pool side).

That's just an example for our favourite value resort! :D

And welcome to Disney Secrets!

4. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

I usually ask for upper floors as it tends to be quieter.
    But for small children or elderly guests the ground floor rooms are probably a better choice.

5. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

We tend to go for either an upper floor, or a ground floor away from the pool area. We're in the room just to sleep and we're not bothered about being near any facilities.

Also last time we were there during a big cheerleading competition so we asked for a room away from group bookings. Worked a charm and we never even knew the resort was full of perky teenage girls. :lol:

6. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

I bet Hex knew though... lol... durty boy.

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

HELLY! That will DO, woman! You don't want to spend the next three days on the step, do you? :nono:

Dawn makes a good point. :yes: Asking to be placed away from any groups is a great idea. Not just cheerleaders mind, but all sorts of rowdy groups visit Disney! :eek: :D