1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Us airways

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by nemo, Aug 4, 2008.

1. nemo

nemo Earning my ears

Has anyone tried USAIR recently? I heard they and AA are about the best out there now but I had a bad time with them last time I flew. hoping theyre better now

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

hmmm not RECENTLY no, a few years ago. They were pretty friendly and helpful each time we flew with them though, I'd try them again for sure!

3. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

They have rescheduled my flight for the 2nd time in less than a week . I have flown US Air and hardly ever had a problem . Trust me, I'm happy with the 1st switch 6 AM to noon , the evening after my son's wedding . Yeaaaa !!! But today I got another email from them to call . I hope they don't do this coming home . Other than this , I've always thought of them as good . I know another member that had a problem though . Beccca :overhere:

4. nemo

nemo Earning my ears

Thanks Tinker :p015:Becca, did you have trouble?

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

They canceled my flight home out of SC not long ago. I was NOT happy. :( I had to switch to a different carrier to get home that night. The ticket agents at the counter were worthless. :(

I've flown with them again this trip, but only by accident. Apparently, when I booked with UNITED, it went through to US Airways. They have some sort of agreement. I was not amused.

They charge for everything you may want on the flight. Water, soda, coffee, snack... if you want it, you are paying for it. :rolleyes2:

If I get home ok, I won't feel so ill toward them, but they still are not my favorite. :sigh;

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I just read on MSN that US Air is going to be charging for pillow and blanket too :rolleyes008: It's JetBlue!! not usair

AA is not that great, they have horrendous customer service

I love Airtran!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

WOW now thats really nickle and diming

8. Tink

Oh for Pete's sake. :rolleyes2: Next they'll charge to use the bathroom. :sigh;

Can't say as I like Airtran too well, but I do like their upgrade policy. :yes:

Had an icky experience on Airtran that had absolutely NOTHING to do with the airlines or the cabin attendants, but it left me with a very bad "memories" of Airtran and as stupid as it sounds, that now gets in my way.

Haven't flown AA in ages, but many in our corporation do. :yes: Those who live in Texas swear by them. :shrug:

I don't honestly much like any airlines at this point! :lol: :sorry:

9. luvthemouse

luvthemouse My nickname is DANGER

Long live AirTran! UsAir has been horribly expensive for us the past few years. And sadly, they are the only ones who fly out of our regional airport. And now to hear that they are planning on charging for pillows and blankets? Sad...

10. Johnie

I'm wrong! It's JetBlue that is going to charge for the pillow and blanket!!

In-flight napping will cost you. JetBlue announces a new $7 charge for pillows and blankets.
    By Samantha Bomkamp, AP

JetBlue Airways Corp. said Monday it is now charging customers for pillows and blankets.

The carrier has done away with the recycled blankets and pillows used on its flights and has started offering an "eco-friendly" travel blanket and pillow that can be purchased for $7 on flights longer than two hours. The pair come in a kit with a $5 coupon to home furnishings retailer Bed Bath & Beyond.

The carrier claims the pillow and blanket feature a fabric technology, developed by CleanBrands LLC, that blocks pesky critters like dust mites, mold spores, pollen and pet dander.

JetBlue already offers free "Snooze Kits" on overnight flights from the West that include an eyeshade and ear plugs.

But the blanket and pillow kit is the latest in a string of a la carte items the company says are providing a revenue boost to help offset the soaring price of jet fuel.

A JetBlue spokeswoman declined to predict how much the sale of these kits will bring in, saying that the company only provides revenue details for specific items in its quarterly earnings conference calls.

The carrier said last month it expects to collect about $40 million from customers buying seats with extra leg room this year. Its $15 fee for a second checked bag is expected to translate into about $20 million in additional revenue. A ticket change fee, which doubled to $100 in the second quarter, is part of a "basket of fee changes" expected to produce about $50 million in extra revenue in 2008.

11. Tink

Eeesh! Crazy. :sigh;

12. Johnie

Airtram has been awesome to me! Always friendly and helpful. They give you credit when their prices go down! And they are cheap! I'm flying from LAX to Richmond for $84 each per person

13. Tink

Round trip? That's incredible!

Hey Johnie! You ever think of becoming a TA? :D :D

14. Johnie

Sadly that is just one way. I have the most ridiculously expensive flights with American so as not to lose all of my money :rolleyes008:

I am working on the TA thing :p015:

15. Tink

Hey, even one way that is a great price. :yes:

16. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Wow that is an awesome fare Johnie .
    Once one airline starts the others follow .
    My favorite is Southwest .

17. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Sadly, you are so right - they'll be charging for the air that we breathe soon :rolleyes2:

18. Johnie

Silly isn't it?

I don't particularly care for Southwest. They are late every time I fly with them! Plus, I have to go through the underwater tunnel to get to that airport and I don't like that either :lol:

19. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Shhhhh! Don't think too loudly! :lol:

Not sure if WDW ever had them, but Disneyland used to have coin-operated toilets. There were one or two at the far end that didn't require coins (can't remember if it was originally a nickel, but I do remember it being a dime)--probably for children who didn't have money. They always were the most popular stalls! The others, someone would put a coin in the slot and hold the door for the next person when exiting the stall. Still, I think they had those coin-operated stalls for a good ten years! :lol:

I used to love America West Airlines, but about two years before merging with US Air (now US Airways), the service and routes declined while prices skyrocketed. And they were headquartered in Phoenix! :eek:

For the most part, we fly Southwest domestically. Good routes, good service and fairly reasonable prices--until recently! :lol: Still, prices are well in line with other airlines.

20. Johnie

I remember coin operated stalls! I'm so glad they did away with those things!